Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon this show this morning called Super2NR TV, and thought, great annother fuckn show with morons showing you how to install altezzas and spotlighting the newest bling-bling-bullshit. BUT this show is actually worth watching. Thet had a long segment on gocarts, which I dont do, but I know alot of people are into. Then they had a bit with these two guys talking about Porsches and thenthey went for a canyon run. Then they showed like 5 minutes of drifting video from Japan! Pretty damn sweet. And the people on the show actually seem like they know what they're talking about (or they had some acting skills). Anyways, its on TNN, the home of left hand turning and pickup trucks, and if you can get past that, then I'd say its worth checking out.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They actually mentioned hi rev tuners on this show. Don't remember what they said exactly, but it wasn't a very positive comment. I think it was in the out-takes at the end.

·
Registered
508 Posts
At first I was skypitcal... but it turns out that it's just like any car show ... ie Trucks, Hot Rodd Magazine, Horsepower TV. Its really informative on products and a wide diversity of cars. NOT Honda by-ist (sp)! So it great for informing Ricers what other cars are out there beside the run of the mill Civic.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deznuts: Yep, it's pretty much just like any other informative car show, but its geared towards imports. I was just surprized that i could watch an entire episode of this show, and actually be entertained, unlike hi rev tuners. That shows like pulling fuckn teeth. Plus drifting video from Japan is always cool, no matter where it comes from.

Frank: You can check here for a lineup, don't know if changes based on cable provider: http://www.thenewtnn.com/schedule/TNN_show.jhtml

You get your ride back yet?

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Lo0mis said:
Deznuts: Yep, it's pretty much just like any other informative car show, but its geared towards imports. I was just surprized that i could watch an entire episode of this show, and actually be entertained, unlike hi rev tuners. That shows like pulling fuckn teeth. Plus drifting video from Japan is always cool, no matter where it comes from.

Frank: You can check here for a lineup, don't know if changes based on cable provider: http://www.thenewtnn.com/schedule/TNN_show.jhtml

You get your ride back yet?
Nope I should be getting it back either Wed or Thursday...Remind me to Kick the shit out of tallGay next time I see him would 'ya!?

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's a really good show on Sundays, 8:00 PM. It's called top Gear and basically they critique various different sports cars and compare how they do on both the track and street. Last week, was a comparison between the Ford Focus RS and a Noble M12 GTO. The week before that, they were discussing how to go about purchasing used Skylines and thrashed them on the track (it's actually an empty airfield with a road course mapped through it).

Good stuff....

Top Gear, Sundays, 8:00 PM, BBC2

Francis

P.S. Oh yea, you might need satellite TV for this one :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
10th Warrior said:
Top Gear is not the same since Tiff left :(
Yea man, I TOTALLY hear ya on that one. :( Although Clarkson is pretty cool, he doesn't even remotely compare to Tiff. And I miss VBH too :D

Tiff and Vicki are actually on another show called 5th Gear. Pretty much the same thing as Top Gear only not as good. Top hosts, crappy show :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts