Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although it took a week to get the part in, the fine folks(I say that now...I'm sure I'll hate them in the near future) At Speedway Motors Indianapolis got my car back in one day. Now here is the miracle...It was fixed under waranty without any grief about mods or the possibilty of there being some racing (Autocross) contributing to the problem. :sunny:

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
It's good to find dealers like that. I am thankfull that there is at least one in Colorado that will do work on modded Subies.

Nick C.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
We have a dealership in Beaverton that is not only mod-friendly, but has even hosted a few local Subaru Owners clubs meetings, and I where planning on doing an install day, but not sure if that happened or not. I don't have lots of mods on my car, but at least I don't worry about what will happen if something breaks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, they're pretty good. My RS spit out a wheel bearing while I was driving to and from Indy daily and they gave me a rental and kept me informed the whole way. They questioned (for a minute) not warrantying the claim because of my AGX's and Eibachs, but after about 5 minutes they said no problem. Really pleased with their service, and they knew I would never be back because I live 100+ miles away!

Brian

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how mod friendly they are, since this is a fairly common problem and the car only had 7K miles on it. I figure they had to notice the lightweight pulley since you are working right around it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts