Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, one of my friends from HS was killed in Afghanistan when his chopper was shot down by the Taliban. Today they flew his body in, then had a procession from the airport to our hometown which is about 30 minutes away. When he landed, the had the water cannons shooting an arc. I was in town, and it was a sad but memorable thing to watch. Tons of people lined the road from the airport to the funeral home in town, along with innumerable American flags stuck in the ground. I was standing on main street, and at the intersection, they had 2 ladder fire trucks sitting there with their ladders extended over the road with a huge American flag tied between the ladders, hanging down. Everybody was waving American flags, and when the procession came through, everyone had their hand over their hearts, most crying. After the procession passed through, someone started singing "God Bless America" and it started a chain reaction. Soon, a couple of thousand people started singing it, and waving their flags. I hated the circumstances we were under, seeing as it was a friend, but the atmosphere and overall experience was something I'll never forget. Also, Charlie was the first one killed from our area in the war.

Rest In Peace Charlie

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^it definitely was a site to see. After just watching the news in which many stations covered it, they said that Charlie was the first soldier from Brevard(my town) killed since Vietnam.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. It's tough losing friends at such a young age. Glad your town knows how to celebrate a true hero.

17 Posts
It's disrespectful to a soldier's honor to mourn his death. He gave his life to his country and served his duty. He would only want for everyone to appreciate their country and glorious leader and not dwell on the loss of mere footsoldiers.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
That sucks man, I feel bad for all the guys over there. I'll probably get shit for this and I do not mean it in a disrespectful way but they're dying for nothing. Fuck the government.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to the above 2 douchebags: This guy was my friend. No it is not disrespectable for us to mourn/pay tribute to his life and what he did. You have to understand(though it may be hard for you) that we knew Charlie before his soldier days. He wasnt just a soldier to us, he was someone we went to school with, played on the same teams, had the same classes, etc.

Also, cocksucker mxpunk, if you want to spew your drivel(read: be a douchebag), then we have tons of threads related to the war to where you can make yourself feel better by ranting about our government sitting behind a computer.

If you faggots post this crap in this thread again, I'm giving negative rep.

·
You can't see me!
bon 12
4,923 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. It's tough losing friends at such a young age. Glad your town knows how to celebrate a true hero.
I can't imagine, I've been fortunate enough not to loose anyone. Sorry to hear man - from the sound of it he will not be forgotten.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
WCUimprezars said:
If you faggots post this crap in this thread again, I'm giving negative rep.

as will i.

these two statement in question are incredibly disrespectful to all of us that have served and watched our fellow comrades fall in action. unless you two have served, (which I highly doubt) you have absolutely no right to come into this thread spouting anti-war crap towards one of 'our' brothers telling us about one of his friends that was fighting to protect the blanket of security that you sleep under every damn night. how many times have you two morons signed your name on the dotted line? how many times have you stood up and said you believed in your country? how many times have you stood and said you were willing to die fighting to protect this country? i bet none. charlie layed his life on the line for something that he believed in.

charlie, i thank you. from the bottom of my heart, for doing the work that i wished that i could be doing right along side you. thank you.

ian, sorry as shit to hear about your friend. i'm glad the town and the armed forces gave this fine young man an incredibly honorable funeral procession.

·
Registered
1994 Volvo
260 Posts
where are my glasses said:
It's disrespectful to a soldier's honor to mourn his death. He gave his life to his country and served his duty. He would only want for everyone to appreciate their country and glorious leader and not dwell on the loss of mere footsoldiers.

Well, he wasn't a "mere" foot soldier! He was a PERSON with friends and family who cared a lot about him. I'm sure, yes a soldier wants his fellow country man to appreciate their country and leader, but I'm pretty sure any soldier you would EVER ask would never say that they don't like feeling appreciated! They go out and and put their lives on the line for all of us. So that we can have all the rights that we have in this country. So that we can feel safe. Anyone who believes in something so much that they can lay their life down for it, deserves honor and respect. And you can't expect his loved ones to not mourn for him. Its never easy to lose someone you care about........

·
Registered
1994 Volvo
260 Posts
mxpunk said:
That sucks man, I feel bad for all the guys over there. I'll probably get shit for this and I do not mean it in a disrespectful way but they're dying for nothing. Fuck the government.

I'm not saying that what you feel is disrespectful, but it wasn't right at all for you to say something like that in a thread like this. EVER......The best way to express opinions on things of this manner is to be tactful. You completely lacked that, stating it in this conversation. Someone died. A friend, a son maybe a husband and father.....I don't know, but try thinking about it a little harder. You said you'd probably get shit for it, so why say it here. Go to another thread and speak your mind there.......

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you two so much for your kind words. It really means alot.

And yes, Charlie was a husband and a father.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
George of the Jungle said:
as will i.

these two statement in question are incredibly disrespectful to all of us that have served and watched our fellow comrades fall in action. unless you two have served, (which I highly doubt) you have absolutely no right to come into this thread spouting anti-war crap towards one of 'our' brothers telling us about one of his friends that was fighting to protect the blanket of security that you sleep under every damn night. how many times have you two morons signed your name on the dotted line? how many times have you stood up and said you believed in your country? how many times have you stood and said you were willing to die fighting to protect this country? i bet none. charlie layed his life on the line for something that he believed in.

charlie, i thank you. from the bottom of my heart, for doing the work that i wished that i could be doing right along side you. thank you.

ian, sorry as shit to hear about your friend. i'm glad the town and the armed forces gave this fine young man an incredibly honorable funeral procession.
You're right about me chiming in on that in this thread, this is a persons death, not a political thread.

·
Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
7,849 Posts
My condolences to the family and friends of Charlie. His commitment to his country and all of us is unquestionable. He holds my highest respect.

Chris

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Jurzey.

Mxpunk, I know I kinda went off, but like Ashley said, think about what you post first, and use some tact.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts