Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an autometer gauge that I gotta hook up tonight in my car. can someone tell me which wires to connect to which ecu, 02 and signals wires please. thakns a diagram would help and PS. i already searched this...

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I assume it's a narrowband sensor (typical autometer a/f sensor). Tap into the wire at your ECU for the REAR O2 sensor. Get a pinout from northursalia.com for your car to find the pin. DO NOT tap the two signal wires for the FRONT O2. You're asking for trouble if you do.

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
both of you are off the point. I need help with a narrow band auto meter A/F sensor. falcon i trust you most.
could you hit up like a quick step by step for me. MY01 RS i checked out the pins you were talking about but im still lost

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
What did you check the pins with? If you have the "pin voltage chart" for your year, it lists the sensor name, pin number and the color(s) of the wire to look for are in the diagram. The A/F meter has a +12vdc in, ground and signal wire.

For example, the 98 manual shows the front and rear O2 sensor signal wires as #23 and #24 respectively and the diagram shows those wires to be blu/yel and wht respectively.

Simply connect the signal wire of the gauge to the signal wire for the sensor you want and then use a switched +12vdc and a good engine ground.

·
Registered
558 Posts
FalconRS said:
No wiring, but there is drilling and welding. What's easier? Depends on what's in your toolbox.
yeah you are right, i suppose i didnt think about that. i have an after market downpipe that came with the AFR bung already on it, just had to take out the plug.

hope everything went well with your install bro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts