Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru WRX Wagon Limited
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home A/C worked fine, then the air started to get warm. The compressor kept kicking on and off. If i would be on the gas it felt like it stuttered. Never happened before so I am trying to fig. out whats wrong.

·
Miss You Mom '40-'08
00 RS, 14 Forester, 92 SVX
1,577 Posts
Mine does this too, however it's not a lack of refrigerant. Usually it's the receiver/dryer being old/clogged (depends on the age of the car) or the expansion valve going bad. It can be the coolant core freezing up too- you should really get the system pressure tested while running. Mine is building too much pressure and then shutting off. I only have two things I haven't replaced yet (the pressure switch on the receiver dryer and the one on the compressor itself) so we'll see how that goes when I replace them this coming week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you fix it yet? Just wondering because I have the exact same problem and I would agree that something is causing an excess of pressure to build, however, I don't know what!

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
A/C systems generally need a trained professional to check. The refrigerant is poisonous, too, so don't go cracking open the lines. :eek:

·
Registered
2001 RS 2.5
640 Posts
how much pressure do you have on the low pressure side? Go to the store and get the can with the pressure gauge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts