Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1101 - 1104 of 1104 Posts

·
Registered
2001 D2 A8L
929 Posts
Tried to find the Diagnosis connector to do an ABS cycle and looked at all the connectors under the drivers foot well and I couldn't find it. So have een unable to cycle that pump. Brakes feel spongy at the top of the pedal travel but when you really step on the brake they do stop the car very quickly. Couldn't get any lockup on the tires, it didn't even feel like it was threatening to lock the fronts but it does stop nice and quick. I did bleed them again with the girlfriends help. but no air came out at all. Switched to Motul 660 DOT 4 fluid for the track and ordered some Hawk pads.

Added anodized aluminum rear sway bar links, and a rear diff brace. Got some Firestone Indy 500s for summer tires, and got the rims powder coated. I wanted Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss but they were 50% more cash. The tire shop has had my set for 4 days without getting them mounted. They don't have the plastic pucks on their machine that will prevent marring of the rims. Luckily I'm in no hurry but id sure like to see how they look on the car.
Maybe a larger master cylinder would help?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Get the Motive power bleeder. This thing does work. I've replaced my audi abs pump and bled the whole system with a breeze.

I've bled my dry subaru system with it as well..
(without bench bleeding the master cylinders !!)

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
I have a motive power bleeder and still needed to cycle the pump after putting in my stop techs. After the first ABS cycle the pedal really firmed up. Find a way to bleed the ABS pump.

1101 - 1104 of 1104 Posts