Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1081 - 1100 of 1112 Posts

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,082
I have one but havent played with it yet.

You should have a stock one unless you removed it.

Do the rears lock up before the front ones do ?
There’s a stock proportioning valve on the passenger strut tower, but since install the front brakes still have the crosshatch pattern on them where the rears are smooth. Also I should have more brake feel. I’m gonna try one more bleed job and then what? Look for an adjustable proportioning valve?

Also I torqued up the passenger rear lateral link outer bolt that goes through the spindle... drove like a champ today!

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,083
Update the car is home in Southern BC now. Drove it 1000 miles to get there, it ran great, found a loose lateral link bolt in the rear that was the cause of the weird driving feel.
Made it to a Kelowna car meet and a few guys were snapping pics, it’s great to be driving it finally. Entered it into the All Japanese Classic car show in Vancouver Aug 26. Guys think I have a good chance of winning. I’ll just be happy to have it there. More pics of that later. For now here’s a couple of the ones taken at the Kelowna meet.

It’s running great, the drop in Manley pistons don’t make any noise. It’s got a ton more power on the top end and it sounds like a proper Suby should. A little louder that I want especially when I step into it but maybe I’ll put a resonator or a Cat pipe in the exhaust before it gets tuned.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,087
Thanks Guys!

I’ll have some more pics at the end of the month when I come home from Vancouver. I wanted to get a cut and polish before the AJC show but it doesn’t look like that will happen. I’m just too rural and gone away too much, the show is a couple days after I get home. Gotta spend time with the kids first!

I installed cruise in the car with a factory unit from the junkyard. It was all wired in but it wouldn’t work. Not sure why. Anyone know if the circuit board units are specific to a manual or auto trans?? The unit I grabbed was from an Auto SF Forester along with the wheel mounted control switch.

With all the tall evergreens around both places I keep the car I gotta modify my car cover to keep the tree spluge off the paint. That crap is horrible

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,089
Had some good road trips with the Impreza this summer. Went to Vancouver BC Aug 26th for the All Japanese Classic Car show. Lots of gorgeous imports there. The car didnt win anything lol. The Mint SVX next to me won Best Classic Subaru, I haven't had a chance to get the paint corrected yet, so its still a bit of a 6' car. Still had alot of fun at the show, met up with a Forester club while I was there and got to alot more of Vancouver than I have before.

Waiting in line for the Ferry to go back to the mainland from The Sunshine Coast BC

Car is running very well. This month I had a Dyno appointment in Kelowna during a promotional day at the local tuning shop. The power was better than I expected! 283WHP/295WTQ and it hasn't been tuned yet, still running about 11psi max (180kpa Absolute pressure) so theres still alot of leftovers on the table. Saw a few other cars hit the Dyno that day too, alot of fun. A newer tuned Golf GTI hit 260WHP/390WTQ! I was blown away by the torque that thing makes.

The 18s are getting pretty bald now and driving home in the rain for 2 hrs was pretty sketchy, the Ass end was all over the place, not something I enjoy so I picked some new all seasons for the 16" rims for a song. Gonna put those on very soon here if i have to run the car over the winter it will be driveable. Checking the Odometer and I've put over 5000kms on the car since driving it home. nothing planned for a long time, just maintaining it. Maybe next year if its ready I'll put it on the new Area 27 track for a day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you get the adjustable 22B wing?

I’m sending a car out to Renner in a few weeks and am planning a fully built car. Will be doing the full carbon Aerosim kit, roof, doors (yes, Steve is making door molds right now).

·
Registered
2001 RS 2.5 sedan- SOLD
47 Posts
Holy moly 110 pages of build thread! Just finished through the first 18, but it’s an amazing build so far! Thank you for the photos of the 22B kit with stock bumpers

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,094
Where did you get the adjustable 22B wing?

I’m sending a car out to Renner in a few weeks and am planning a fully built car. Will be doing the full carbon Aerosim kit, roof, doors (yes, Steve is making door molds right now).
I stumbled across it online for sale near Toronto ON, I made an offer and the seller accepted then a week later changed his mind, a year later I happened to search again and the same guy has put it up for sale again, I got it the second time. lol. Id like a taller 22B stock spoiler or replica but $$$, but this one is Carbon Fiber which is great and a bit lower which makes the car look good too, a WRC replica if I'm not mistaken, couldnt tell ya who made it though.

Holy moly 110 pages of build thread! Just finished through the first 18, but it’s an amazing build so far! Thank you for the photos of the 22B kit with stock bumpers
Thanks man! my pleasure doing the build and putting it up on here.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,914 Posts
Has anyone installed a brake bias adjuster on a suby? I’ve come to the realization that my rears ar doing most of the work.
Lil late but it's hard on a subie since the do the brake line X thing. So front right, rear left on same circuit. I redid mine to front/rear. And have a wilwood. Took it up to 130 other night, hard brake felt shitty. Gave rear more juice, did another pull and felt loads better

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
#NoPropValveCrew

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,098
Track day is Booked! July 5 right before my 40th. Expensive on the brand new Area 27 GP Track but its one of my bucket list items. Now I need to get the car all set up with some good pads and fluid.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,099
Tried to find the Diagnosis connector to do an ABS cycle and looked at all the connectors under the drivers foot well and I couldn't find it. So have een unable to cycle that pump. Brakes feel spongy at the top of the pedal travel but when you really step on the brake they do stop the car very quickly. Couldn't get any lockup on the tires, it didn't even feel like it was threatening to lock the fronts but it does stop nice and quick. I did bleed them again with the girlfriends help. but no air came out at all. Switched to Motul 660 DOT 4 fluid for the track and ordered some Hawk pads.

Added anodized aluminum rear sway bar links, and a rear diff brace. Got some Firestone Indy 500s for summer tires, and got the rims powder coated. I wanted Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss but they were 50% more cash. The tire shop has had my set for 4 days without getting them mounted. They don't have the plastic pucks on their machine that will prevent marring of the rims. Luckily I'm in no hurry but id sure like to see how they look on the car.

1081 - 1100 of 1112 Posts