Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 1104 Posts

·
Registered
98 Black RS GM6
843 Posts
Not personally, but I've heard it's a bad idea. Had a friend's friend that used them and he said they didnt seat quite right. They ended up going out again in a few months. (unfortunately for him his water pump went a few months later and he had to do them again) I'd just get the gaskets from the dealership or maybe someone on here is selling OEM ones. The bolts would probably be ok, but someone on here must have used the kit at one point.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I just talked to the guy in Edmonton at the dealer and estimated $600-700 just for the gaskets. I told him sorry thats rediculous and I cant justify that much cost.

·
Registered
98 Black RS GM6
843 Posts
HOLY CRAP! Yeah, that's insane. I dont blame you a bit. You could probably get Cosworth gaskets for much cheaper. If they make them for the RS that is. I know they make the for the 2.5 STi block. Not sure if it has different coolant passages though.

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
966 Posts
im saddened that you didnt leave the front windshield sticker on. that would have been the finishing touch, not your pilot sticker.

jk nice work

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
im saddened that you didnt leave the front windshield sticker on. that would have been the finishing touch, not your pilot sticker.

jk nice work
hahaha well the winshield didnt pass inspection and had to be replaced so its brand new.

·
Banned
00 2.5rs ASPEN COUPE
1,182 Posts
very nice work, job well done, u saved a aspen coupe thats all that counts, how much did u buy the car for ? all i read was u were paying 400 a month to some guy to hold it in his lot or something.. i got lost.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I paid $400 total by paying the parking fee at the local tire shop. Put almost ten times that much into it since. Lol. Still needs the head gaskets installed but it's running good dispute that. The Head gasket kit and Timing belt kit are on the way.

After it passes the head gasket and timing belt install I want to get some rear struts and Four new tires put on.

·
I kill threads!
Impreza Turbo 2000
3,747 Posts
Always nice to see someone revive these old cars. Course sucks, when others buy them up for rallying and destroy them. Well, you win some, you lose some.

·
Registered
93 impreza tur 1.8 5spd
9 Posts
im going to paint my scoob this summer going to go with royal blue with some metal flake royal blue is kind of a rare color for a scooby. Im in the process of getting the rs front and rear bumper covers and also some new fenders having some troubles though pretty broke cuz im in college. Your Scooby is coming along really nice i though about painting my car aspen white with pearl clear coat my friend has a maxima with pearl on it looks so sweet

·
Registered
93 impreza tur 1.8 5spd
9 Posts
I paid $400 total by paying the parking fee at the local tire shop. Put almost ten times that much into it since. Lol. Still needs the head gaskets installed but it's running good dispute that. The Head gasket kit and Timing belt kit are on the way.

After it passes the head gasket and timing belt install I want to get some rear struts and Four new tires put on.
put Kyb coil over on it little more $ but totaly worth it way better cornering and response if you have the money Bf GoodRich are awesome tires for all season i have a fwd and it only got stuck once i hit about a 3 ft drift in the winter and got the rear end hung up the front made it through i wish mine was AWD :unamused:

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
coilovers are way better for handling yeah. But for three times the cost? This isnt going to be a track car and I dont drive like that anymore anyway, my street driving has reaslly matured. I think if anything I'm just going to go with the stock KYB GR2 struts. I like the ride height as it is.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
i'm so jealous of you having a huge shop in which to do work in.

car looks fantastic.

i'm sorry i missed it....but what screen/radio deck is that?

41 - 60 of 1104 Posts