Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

341 - 360 of 1104 Posts

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
I like the blue lights but honestly if you have to do any long distance night driving the higher frequency blue light can really make the eyes sore. Just the glare alone is enough. I really notice it in my truck, so much I kind of want to go back to stock. But in the Impreza I can dim them right down. It might depend on the bulbs you get maybe its the way the dimmer works.. IDK

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,852 Posts
i want something similar to the VW's how their's is blue. drove my parents cars around (TDi golf/tiguan) a few weeks ago, and fell in love with the blue readouts.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Nice work man!
After you swap the widebody, Did you fix the front liner? How to fix that?
I'm not sure what you mean. The front fender liners? The Aerosim kit doesn't come with front fender liners, depending on the roads you drive you might be able to get away without any but I wanted the extra protection so I fabbed some up with plastic sheets.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Great built, do u still have link or ebay item# for the gas cap? Thank you
Thanks!

Sorry man I dont have the link to the exact cap I bought but I found one that looks like the same one, mine was addvertized for a Harley. Rotten pics in the add but it looks like the one I bought.
Its about 3.75" total diameter. non locking.
I do have a spare cap since I got two...

Heres the add
Bolt IN Vented GAS CAP NO Lock Universal XS CB GS KZ GL CX XJ Motorcycle Fuel | eBay

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Swapped to the studded winter tires on the RS Goldie's today. I been running the summer 18s in the snow for a month and I've been lucky to not have an accident. I weighed both sets... Whoa.
RS Goldie's 37.4lbs with tire
Drag DR-34 18" with 245/40 49.4lbs. Heavy heavy.

So while I got the summers off they are getting painted gold. I thought about it a lot. I like the Black rims, got lots of compliments on them. But I really like the gold BBSs on the 22Bs and that's the reason I bought them. For 18 months I kept looking at them on the car wondering what they will look like in gold. So we're all gonna find out. I got two of them done tonight after the swap. Pics to come later.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
577 Posts
Yeah I probably should get around to that, I put a baby in her belly about four years ago so shes not going anywhere, a ring wont keep her around if that wont lol.
The word/phrase LOL gets thrown around a lot online but I can say I did LOL at this!

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Wow, those are heavy wheels.
Yeah Im kinda stuck between two rocks there. That body kit almost demands 18" wheels which are pretty heavy, and I can't justify the price for high end forged wheels for a street car. My solution is MORE AIR to move those heavy wheels! Speaking of that, I'll need more fuel. Nudge nudge.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Here's a few pics of the 18s with new paint, its pretty easy to paint Rims as long as they aren't on the car lol. I think they turned out pretty well. As close to the BBSs on the 22 I will ever find, I like that they are 18s too :banana:
I think the black rims were mad but I couldn't hardly see them against the white car. I may get powder coating done later and finally decide which color I love best.

Pics of them on the car when they actually go back on the car.

·
ProcratinatusMajorus
1991 Legacy SS
788 Posts
Yeah Im kinda stuck between two rocks there. That body kit almost demands 18" wheels which are pretty heavy, and I can't justify the price for high end forged wheels for a street car. My solution is MORE AIR to move those heavy wheels! Speaking of that, I'll need more fuel. Nudge nudge.
Ah yes. If someone would get off their ass and send the injectors to you. Lol. Sorry about that. I've got to run some errands today, I may be able to get those boxed up and out.

Those wheels lock SICK in gold. Nice work on the paint.

341 - 360 of 1104 Posts