Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,376 Posts
Cool, these work :)

Never seen anyone do these plates before, looks good. I meant to ask before, do you have any plans to deal with the dash gaps, or do they not bother you lol?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 widebody coupe 14' sti swap
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The dash gaps don't bother me at all lol
Only way to fix that would be to run some hybrid 14/00 door cards which, I don't care enough to even try and make, or as someone suggested before I could see how the 93-96 cards work because they're closer to the '14 style (in relation to where they meet the dash, if that makes sense) but the rs cards are much nicer imo.

Nhawks definitely hooked me up with the link to those plates, he also posted a link to Tsidreams build where you can see how he put them on too.

·
Registered
99' WRB GC8 WRX - TooLazy
1,376 Posts
The dash gaps don't bother me at all lol
Only way to fix that would be to run some hybrid 14/00 door cards which, I don't care enough to even try and make, or as someone suggested before I could see how the 93-96 cards work because they're closer to the '14 style (in relation to where they meet the dash, if that makes sense) but the rs cards are much nicer imo.

Nhawks definitely hooked me up with the link to those plates, he also posted a link to Tsidreams build where you can see how he put them on too.

Yeah making a hybrid door card would be alot of work lol. But seeing how the older cards fit would be interesting, buuuut.... I do agree that the RS ones look way better sooo

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your welcome to come by sometime and see it if you want to pm me, most people don't understand what their even looking at when they see the car. It would be nice to show it to someone off this forum, other than zkilla, who's gonna help me get some pics up as soon as I send them to him.
I have a question, you say the rs suspension won't bolt up to my 5x114.3 spindles. I'm currently running coilovers for a gc and they bolted right up to the 05 rear spindles.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but curious how you made the rear abs sensors work in the 05 hubs with the 2014 STI abs module/harness? Can you share!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It’s not that old of a thread yet I hope! I actually have the car in for body work and need to post new pics.
To answer your question, it’s not possible. The 14 sensors don’t fit into the 05 hubs, and the 14 computer doesn’t recognize the signal from the 05 sensors. Abs isn’t important to me, but I’m going to be installing the dccd pro diff controller so that my center diff controller works again because without the rear abs signal it’s locked out.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,142 Posts
Feb 26 2017= alittle old. Ha.

Looks like lots of good progress, can't wait to see it painted. Keep us in loop.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Where has the time gone.. to many other projects :(
I will be updating this again soon with more pics. After the body work I have a few more things to do still too. Hopefully it will be ready for subifest if we ever get to have one again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Body work and photos courtesy of Emil Falek @ eandmautobodyshop.com

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
416 Posts
This is so cool...as you stated, you're not the first, but this is the first thread that I've read about such an epic swap! The dash looks great. It's awesome to see a newer interior in an older chassis. Can't wait for updates!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I personally still haven’t seen another with a gr dash, but also I haven’t been on here for a while. If anyone knows of one let me know I’d like to see it. I’ll keep updating this now that I have no problem putting the pics up through my phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s not that old of a thread yet I hope! I actually have the car in for body work and need to post new pics.
To answer your question, it’s not possible. The 14 sensors don’t fit into the 05 hubs, and the 14 computer doesn’t recognize the signal from the 05 sensors. Abs isn’t important to me, but I’m going to be installing the dccd pro diff controller so that my center diff controller works again because without the rear abs signal it’s locked out.
Thanks for sharing more pictures and the main reason I ask about the abs sensors is I was curious if your GR speedometer works properly without all four abs sensors functioning? I'm about to swap in a complete 05 LGT harness, ecu, and cluster and was curious how you got the speedo to work?

Looking forward to more of your updates!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yes the speedometer works fine, it only needed the front abs sensor input to work. Happy to answer any questions, good luck with the swap!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts