Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been gearing up to buy the service manuals for my car and would like your advice. At subaruparts.com they have a listing under 99 Impreza for the manuals and the price is like $800 . They say something like the only way to get the complete manual for my car is to buy all of them. Is that right? The newer models of Impreza seem to have their own manual.

Heres the link there:
http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=205

Help?!?

Brandee :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
The manuals are incremental so there is a full manual for 1993 then "supplements" for each year for what is different. In 2000 they started over so 2000 manuals are much cheaper than 1999 manuals.
 

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
Joined
·
1,828 Posts
I don't think they have a good complete shop manual (at a reasonable price) for my99s:curse:
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Bummer for you guys. You could save a little by getting the '00 manuals, but then some of the info would be wrong. Probably nothing you'll be messing with, since the major difference is the maf/map thing and intake piping.

Possibly you could buy the '00 book and just the '99 update? You'd only save $200, but that's still $200. Ugh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
horatio102 said:
Bummer for you guys. You could save a little by getting the '00 manuals, but then some of the info would be wrong. Probably nothing you'll be messing with, since the major difference is the maf/map thing and intake piping.

Possibly you could buy the '00 book and just the '99 update? You'd only save $200, but that's still $200. Ugh.
Killer idea though. So you say to buy 00 and then an update manual? Where would I find the 99 update? $$ sux but its better than 800 any day. :D
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
OK well I know the service writer for a dealership pretty well... might be able to get him to "study" the manuals some night. :)

Your thread on the i-club had a list of the part numbers for the three books from '99, and it said to go to www.subaruparts.com and request those part numbers. Not sure if you'd be missing things, considering the updates are everything that changed from '98, not what changed to '00. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
I've needed wiring colors out of the MY99 manuals forever and noone has been able to help me out. I don't think anyone even has a set. I know my dealership doesn't... they just started with the MY00's and thats it. Sad really. :(
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
8Complex said:
I've needed wiring colors out of the MY99 manuals forever and noone has been able to help me out. I don't think anyone even has a set. I know my dealership doesn't... they just started with the MY00's and thats it. Sad really. :(

What wires do you need to know?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
horatio102 said:
OK well I know the service writer for a dealership pretty well... might be able to get him to "study" the manuals some night. :)
Woohoo! An insider!! :eek:

Yeah the parts list I got from my post at the iclub was great and I plan on buying both manuals from 93 and the two 99 supplementals and see whats missing. I'll probably do that next month so I'll let ya'll know what comes of it. :)

THere has got to be a strategy for getting the info we need and none of the $$ crap we don't.

Brandee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
If you check i-club you'll note that North Ursalia bought a set and braodly hinted his plan is to make them available on CD. Might want to wait - no use re-inventing the wheel.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top