Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Impreza RS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Here goes:

I haev a 99 RS, 35k on it. Car bogs a bit at 3500 rpm when I nail it..its like it hits a flat spot... once it passes that point (kind of too slow for me) It pulls sweet (3700-3800 RPM) to redline...

Now...I do alot of city drivnig= no high spped sustained driving for a while....BUT when I do drive out to NJ or (above a 100 MILE) drive...problem is fixed...only to return within a few days late...

I noticed once when I replaced the air filter on the car and OILED it too much (used an open air element) it coated the MAF and car wouldnt go past 3500 (same area when i getting bog) ...

When I cleaned it it was fine...

What is going on? Is it the MAF , car runs perfect otherwise,,,

Thanks for your help..

Costas

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Could be the traditional RS hesitation. Try an ECU reset (quick fix) may also want to try the grounding mod. Check all filters (fuel, air, etc).

·
Registered
1999 Impreza RS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did that, EVERYTHING is new in regards to tume up parts. AIR/FUEL filters plugs, yada yada...

Cant figure it out...

C

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Gotta love mysteries :rolleyes: How's your relationship with your dealer(s). May want to see if they can hook up the scan tool and check the sensors. It may be something goofy, like a TPS thats right at its OEM tolerances, it may be a fuel pump, who knows.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza RS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually...I treid to scan it with an OBDII device. dont laugh..

I couldnt find the connector! Where is it!!!?

C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts