Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got some pictures of my car so I figured it was about time to make a journal.

Here she is in all of her stock glory!

Sorry about the blurry pics, it was pretty cold that night!

Gotta get some WRX or Legacy wheels, asap.

LED license plate lights!

Green LED interior light FTW!!

Carbon fiber shift boot = awesome!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gotta start somewhere!

Hood scoop and vents have been flat blacked. The replica 22B vents I bought where garbage so I am looking at a set of V3 STi vents now.

I also bought new Toyo all season tires and got an oil change before my trip to Pittsburgh!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only one mishap on the trip! Slid into a curb while playing around and cracked one of my hubcaps a bit.

Car is now showing a CEL that is a O2 sensor problem and I also noticed a LOT of oil on top of the passenger side head and that the front plug wire was covered in oil also. :-(

Takin' her to my mechanic tomorrow. Hopefully there is nothing too serious going on. I might have the timing belt checked too, especially since I have no way of checking any service history to see if its been done recently.

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CEL went away, oil is leaking from the oil pressure sensor on top of the engine. Will replace that soon.

So far so good, going to order the diff locker bolts soon. I cant wait to see how much those help!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chyeaa! Nice car do you have any long term plans? Sorry to hear about your cracked hub cap. Tragic.
LOL, tragic indeed. I just cant afford real wheels right now. :-(

Not really any long term plans, the cars a little too rusty to make some big plans around. I wanna just do poly bushings where I can, eventually wheels, some WRX suspention pieces and random CF bits because I'm an addict.

Oh yeah, and supers single port header!!!:drool: I have a Hawaiian punch jug about 3/4 filled with coins that I want to use as my deposit on it!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Recently installed my amber corner lenses. I then installed these CF eyelids with heavy duty, 3M outdoor double sided tape and promptly lost one of them on the highway on the way home from work that night. :-( Need to figure out a better way to mount those when I buy a replacement.

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TAX RETURN CAME BACK!!

Im finally going to be putting my MR2 back on the road after 4 years of sitting and getting a heart transplant!

As for the OBS, I want to find a WRX drivers seat and do some drive train beefing up!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what are diff locker bolts?
Kartboy Rear Subframe Lock Bolts

Those will be ordered tonight at work.

I lost a hubcap and one of the little black inserts in the bumper where the fog light would be during an ordeal with the side of the road and a snow drift that pulled me into a larger snow bank. All hubcaps are now gone and I'm thinking about what color to paint the steelies.

Im seriously reconsidering buying an RS or JDM bumper because of this incident. This is *just* a winter/DD but I really, really like this car and want it to look nice. At the same time though I don't really want to worry about whats going to happen if I end up smacking a snow bank or something.

For now I am still looking for a driver seat from a WRX, 2.5RS or something and I will also be doing the various mounts and stuff in the near furture too!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually Im going to take some pictures with the girlfriend and the wagon tonight. Gotta wash it first though and sadly I wont have a chance to repaint the scoop, vents and grille before then. So its going to be all pitted and scratched but oh well.

I also removed the "Outback" badge from the hatch. Gotta get the adhesive off now...

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, really. Pics are on the way, my girlfriends bein a lazy bitch so I gotta go get her motivated, lol.

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, topped off the oil when I left work. Then my check engine light, the same one thats been telling me I have a bad O2 sensor some where, randomly goes off. Ok.

I also am sensing a slight bog after I'm done shifting and engaging the next gear. That might just be my mind, but the clicking and ticking I'm hearing from the suspension is really starting to worry me. Hopefully I can find the front end parts I want to replace for what I can afford! :-(

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I paypal'd Supers money for a set of his famous UEL headers today. I also ordered a control arm and will be buying front axles soon as well. I guess since im doing all that front end work I should probably also replace the ball joints, why not? I wish I could have afforded to buy some new or WRX brakes but I may just have to settle for a set of replacement pads for now.

On a none automotive note I also paid off the CC that I have been avoiding for too many years. I am now not in debt anymore except for the loan on the OBS. Woot!

·
Registered
99 Forester L, 5 spd
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, ball joints, poly front control arm bushings and C/V axles have all been ordered. Thinking about brake pads now, I think I should buy some.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts