Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attaching pics of my '99 RS intake....post modification! I tried several different things....varied pipe lengths and diameters, as well as different filters, but found this to be the most effective....and the least expensive. The car does not bog off the line at all and it will run to redline very smoothly and quickly now. The catch to this whole thing is.....I am using parts from my old Turn3 intake off my '97 Legacy Outback...the MAF adapter and the filter are an unusual size so there is only one filter I found to use for this application that fits the MAF part as well as clears the strut bar. Anyway, just thought I would share with the class!!

Oh, as for foul weather duty....I use a magnetic vent blocker for home air registers and it works great....covers the center of the scoop while still allowing indirect air to get into the engine bay. I just need to figure out how to make a pressure box to surround the filter now....hmmmm....

Attachments

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Looks like a MAF fatality waiting to happen?

I bet that works great at WOT/high RPM, but cant see how it would be very good for low end. At least you are getting reasonably cold air!

I'm thinking of building a DIY Gravel Sports type intake using Home Depot parts for my MAP'd car; The panel filter will be the most expensive part of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts