Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Impreza Black
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I parked my car for a couple days due to smacking my head against the pavement.. anyway, started it up today, and it died, started it up again, ran great, drove it to town, ran low on gas, girlfriend killed it, went and got gas..

after getting gas I started it up, and boom it could not even pull it's own weight, had to stop on the side of the gas station and push it into a driveway.

towed it home.

now it will start, run amazing for two seconds, then roughly and slowly start to die back down to a 200rpm idle then it dies.

I have had a p1133 code for my o2 sensor for a couple months, and I still have the code, not a single other code.

We checked to see if all my sensors were working and they were all giving out good readings through the obd2 code reader.

The after cat. o2 sensor doesn't give a reading at all though.

all I could think of is maybe driving on low gas killed my fuel pump, or driving with the o2 sensor out killed my injectors, or my cat's are clogged..

but what makes no sense is it running amazing for the first couple seconds.. then dying.

any help would be nice, don't have a bunch of money to just blow and replace everything.

the idle control valve starts sucking in as much air as it can when it's idling really low, and it will sometimes backfire out of the intake.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza Black
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
gonna bump this, did a spark plug test and plug wire test, I have spark, did a fuel pump test, fuel is going into the filter, I am thinking that I bought bad gas,

car will not start now so I have no way of checking to see if it's running any better

·
Registered
2.5rs 2000 STM
611 Posts
same issue cahnged fuel pump with an 05sti pump, same car as you, car sat for the weekend and then it starts settles idles and slowly bogs out, cleaned MAF checked vaccum lines and minor stuff any other ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.