Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my sti recently got written off for minor damage (rhd). I have a base model 5speed impreza (lhd), and I'm going to try and swap everything over soon. Should I swap full jdm harness, or swap in 02+ ej205 with Cobb or something? As soon as my shop is set up I'll start gutting them both. Pictures of type L, and the donor car (rice tiger)

Attachments

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
If it's a 2000 model jdm STI, that would have an ej207 engine. That engine has better heads and pistons and bigger turbo than the 02-05 ej205 we got here. If it were my car and my money, I'd swap over the ej207, and have an 02-05 ej205 wiring harness merged with your 99 L's harness. That way, you can run the ej207 but also have a fully tunable ecu, or tune yourself with a cobb accessport.

The ej205 harness will run the ej207, but you need to make a couple changes. First, need to swap the crank sprocket, and the one timing sprocket that has the timing marks on it. Then you need to swap over a loaded 02-05 WRX intake manifold with wiring harness. Then install the 2002-2005 WRX ecu in your merged harness, and get it tuned! When I say 02-05 WRX, I mean North American model car, not a JDM motor from that year range. You should be able to find an ej205 with spun bearings or slipped timing belt for cheap if you're not in a rush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts