Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2k BRP wagon (sold) 06 MTBajaT
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if uk/jdm 99-01 impreza, wrx, or sti headlights are different from just normal usdm 99-01 impreza lights?
kinda confused on this, I was thinking that I have heard people talk specifically about jdm crystal headlights... but I am having troubles telling the difference. Can someone clear me up please?

-Cory

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Their beam pattern is different.
Yep, LHD vs RHD.

If you shine your lights on a wall you can see the angle to the right. On JDM lights, it angles up on the left. Running JDM lights in the US will result in you blinding other drivers and being flashed a lot.

I dont hear a whole lot of talk about "JDM crystal" headlights. Corner lights yes (they dont have the yellow reflector).

the clear (or crystal) headlights commonly referred to are just the 99-01 USDM lights.

But props on spelling your name right. (read below my username)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, LHD vs RHD.

If you shine your lights on a wall you can see the angle to the right. On JDM lights, it angles up on the left. Running JDM lights in the US will result in you blinding other drivers and being flashed a lot.

I dont hear a whole lot of talk about "JDM crystal" headlights. Corner lights yes (they dont have the yellow reflector).

the clear (or crystal) headlights commonly referred to are just the 99-01 USDM lights.

But props on spelling your name right. (read below my username)
haha hello cory and thank you, who needs that extra "e" anyways...
Gotchya, thats kinda what I was thinking because looking at pics of uk/ jdm cars I couldn't tell the difference.

anyone ever put 99-01 lenses on 97-98 headlights? pics or it didn't happen. :color:

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Where you gonna get lenses from where you wouldn't just use the whole housing?

Just go on ebay, get the depot knockoffs for what? $120ish. Bolt on and win!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i know how much depo* headlights are... just wondering, not worried about saving a quick buck at all. The housing inside 97-98 is different might look cool with some clear lenses. Bake, swap and win!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.