Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
98 AGM RS, 06 GPW S2000
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okie here is the scenerio.. i just swapped a v2 into my 98 rs but now the clutch pedal is dead thinking the clutch slave cylinder is a goner.. i tried bleeding it for a good hour but nothing.. so recently i just picked up a 02 wrx clutch slave cylinder to replace it.. but the 98 rs clutch line to the 02 clutch slave cylinder doesnt bolt on completely leaving a gap with the banjo bolt.. so do i need a wrx clutch line? any info would help..

· Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,278 Posts
pull all the way up, and push all the way down? it shouldn't take you long to bleed the clutch. it should only be 5 mins or so.

· Registered
01 RScoupe,02WRX
111 Posts
easier way

Instead of depressing the clutch pedal and pulling it up. Here's an easier way. Unbolt the slave from the block and push the plunger down. With the plunger down loosen the bleeder screw. Fluid and air come out. Tighten the bleeder screw and release the plunger. It should spring up. Repeat this process until the slave is bled. If this doesn't work something else is wrong.

I've had your exact same problem. Yes. The WRX and RS clutch lines should be interchangeable. The WRX line is shorter than the RS line though. The banjo bolt ends are relatively similar. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.