Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 RS Brilliant Red
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a base map if possible, bought a used PP6 but it doesn't seem to have a viable map to get a decent idle or run without a sputter, not sure that i even have the correct global settings. So if anybody could give me a hand I'd be willing to pay for your map or at least your knowledge.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
98 RS Brilliant Red
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes you were wrong haha. the pp6 actually has a good bit of tuning options especially for 98 from my understanding because its the last year before the computer would learn around it in closed loop.
Wiring is the easy part the 98 ecu still has the old single plug. After that, tuning is getting interesting as i'm trying to tune myself and have no base map to go off. So starting from scratch and trying to get it drivable is the main goal right now.

·
Registered
'99 Legacy 2.5GT '07 Spec-B
127 Posts
What do your global settings look like? Providing you wired it in correctly, that would be the next thing I would look at. I have the same ej25d and ecu in my legacy, here are what my global setting look like. I have some custom maps I've made as well as some maps from rallitek if you need one.

Let me know if you need any help.
Robert

Analog
Fuel zero calibration 0
Fuel upper limt 9.99
Fuel lower limit 12

Ignition
Teeth per turn 12
Teeth per firing 3
Ignition Adv limit 12
Ignition Ret limit -12

Speed
Adjust 99
Limit 0

Cylinders

Switch
Rpm off
Temperature off
Amp off
Deflection off

Modes
20-Odd signal retard

System Config
Positive input pol On
Positive output pol On
Low level input On
High frequency Off
Low deviation Off
Interlaced signal Off
One missing tooth Off
Multi coils Off
Nox injection Off
Lambda input Off
Lambda un-linear Off

Solid line is a map done using the pp6, dotted line is the stock tune.(datalog done with logworks3 software and Innovate Lc-1 and SSI-4)

·
Registered
98 RS Brilliant Red
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I officially got it running right, for my global setting numbers i used 14 teeth per turn and 20 teeth per firing and she fires right up every time and runs great at all zeros now time to tune :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.