Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 97' Brighton, and also a 98+ RS Front bumper, my brother took it to some damn shop to install it and apparently the foglight bracket would NOT fit, so they chop that bracket off to make it fit, but it does not fit perfectly, its kinda slanted out or looped, but it does fit! but not exactly... Im guessing its the Reinforcement bar that doesnt bolt exactly, we took it out once and it was kinda hanging down but wasnt bad. but when we decided that it was for my own good and the passg. to be safe in a accident. We finally figured out what a B*tch it was to install it back, My cousin said that i would have to costume bent the Rein. Bar to make it fit cause its make just for the brighton bumper but not sure.

So what would have to do it make it look flushed?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trim the beam to fit the bumper not the other way around. So were you installing a 98rs bumper or a 99-01rs bumper on your brighton? They are different ya know?
too late for that, if i had owned the car before i wouldnt had done such a thing, its too late now.. the bumper is trimed already, so theres no bracket. Gonna have to do my DIY if theres even any place to do it on the housing. I might just go back and get the L front or get a RS beam but for sure, needs the foglight covers.

·
Registered
98 Black RS GM6
843 Posts
If it's a 98 front bumper it's gonna be a lot cheaper than
a 99-01. You could always just buy another one. Most people
sell them for around $40 in my opinion.

But yeah, finding the proper bumper beam will be your
best bet safety-wise so it's probably worth the wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.