Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Theme I am going to go for....

As some of you know I had a 1999 Subaru Impreza OBS. I had just painted it white and put the ver.6 front bumper with STi lip and a few other goodies on it. Unfortunately it was totaled July 28, 2008 but I bought it back to make it into an AutoX car. This is what I bought for my daily driver ( even though I have already started to mod it! )

1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT $2,500. 138,XXX miles. Just in time for a new headgasket :) (unless mine is rare and doesnt blow haha)
I bought it with the CEL on and the owners said they have taken it for scans but no one could tell them what the CEL was. So, me being skeptical took it to CHECKERS auto on my test drive for a obd2 scan. A bad knock sensor and speed sensor tripped the CEL. Thats the reason the speedo didnt work and the car was in limp mode. Those were both fixed within three days and the car runs great.
I can't believe how much more power the 2.5 has over the 2.2......its unbelievable!!!

The day I bought it, Aug 7, 2008 (my 18th birthday!)

LOVE THE RIMS!

INTERIOR IS ALMOST IMMACULATE

Used the suspension off my wagon ( Vogtland lowering springs/ KYB GR-2 struts) for now since the legacy's shocks were blown (all 4)
Also, put on new brakes and rotors...

before:

after:

New brakes and rotors

Put on a BORLA exhaust from my bro's 2004 WRX and EBAY replica un-equal length headers
Video of exhaust
Finally have the boxer rumble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HjM4YY8UA

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

· Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is a little ass sag, which I am going to fix tomorrow. I also put on the front strut tower brace from my wagon, and the MOMO shift knob to spice up the interior. I want to buy a double din screen for it also.

I have AutoX this weekend and since my wagon wont be ready until next spring the Legacy is going to take it place!

· Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Where did you get those heads from? Looks nice.
I bought them on ebay, a guy bought them for his car after he had a headgasket failure but he then saw there was more of a problem then just the heads so he just bought a new motor.

The guy bought them from SUBARU for $427 a piece and I bought both of them for quite a bit cheaper than that! :)

· Registered
RWD 99 Impreza OBS
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My buddy and I pulled the motor last weekend and finally ripped the motor apart yesterday.....

The heads were clean inside, the timing belt was brand new. Overall the motor is in damn good condition other than the head gaskets :)

The cylinder walls are perfect....crosshatching and all and it has 14X,XXX miles

Just the block and misc...

· Registered
97, Legacy 2.5GT, silver
1,078 Posts
looks nice good luck getting it running. I have alot of plans for mine. the one thing is it's an automatic. I have everything but the ecu, rear wiring and pedal box to switch it over(and all that can be had for $100) then I will just have to find the time to do it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.