Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but the one thread that is 20 pages had a lot of confusing information on it, specifically the differences between fitment for 98's compared to 99's, and imprezas compared to 2.5rs's, as well as 98 foresters compared to 99 and up. I'm trying to figure out the best fitment radiator for my setup. I am having an EJ205 swapped into my 1998 L coupe 2.2 auto, and I am retaining AC. I have spoken with Mike about the AC-line fitment as well as fan option and I really appreciated his input. Now, I'm looking to determine what will be best for the radiator itself. The immediate answer that pops up for most applications is R1819, but I'm not sure if that is best for me as it's the race application and it's usually recommended for the RS. I will only be daily driving the car, no serious track use, so what is my best approach for radiator?

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
361 Posts

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, '00 911 Cab, '18 CT6 TT, '04 Escalade ESV
5,518 Posts
I've found the 04/05 FXT radiator is the best for two reasons. One, it is super clean and looks factory and has the nipple for the turbo coolant reservoir. Also, it doesn't have a radiator cap which simplifies your setup because you only have to burp/fill from the turbo tank which helps eliminate air bubbles in the radiator since the turbo tank is the highest point of the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts