Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
FINALLY!!!!
Can’t believe how long it has taken to find a reasonably priced td04.
Very cool and seriously!
I remember people would list their low mileage TD04’s left and right for $100. Too bad I wasn’t swapped back then or I would've grabbed one.

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Very cool and seriously!
I remember people would list their low mileage TD04’s left and right for $100. Too bad I wasn’t swapped back then or I would've grabbed one.
No kidding! I've seen used TD04's going for $350! The market definitely shifted quite drastically for them.

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
80FC1D0E-B5BD-4572-BC91-D2EC5EEAA159.jpeg 2CD32645-E6FA-4A82-A8F9-C572121799E1.jpeg 196BEBEF-6060-4CA7-9545-7DC0CC4C87A2.jpeg
My back is STILL feeling it from boxing up my harnesses last weekend. It’s crazy how heavy they are. The dog’s approval made it all worth it. Or maybe it was the treats for the iWire shop dog. Oh well. She’ll love riding in it when it’s done.
12F494B8-11A4-4325-BA2B-CAC450FEDA73.jpeg
Glad to have it all boxed up and on its way to iWire. My wife recently ordered a saddle, so that box was perfect for the harnesses. Should be there any day now to get into line. The end is so much closer!!!

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
406 Posts
Same here, I couldn't believe how hefty a harness could be!! 😭💔⚰ Glad to have found the thread, let's see some goodness go the distance! 🤙🏾🤘🏾🙌🏾🔥🔥

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Sooo been a minute. Anybody see my big oopsie on iwire’s story?

tried to be nice and it bit me in the ass a little bit. About 2 weeks into my wait for the harness! Been telling myself at least 6 so that the wait isn’t too dreadful.

I finally got those 17” Team Dynamic wheels mounted and balanced on the firestone firehawks my WRX came on. Pretty stiff tires, but very happy with the fit. Excited to put them on the coupe.. maybe tomorrow??

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
5-hour round trip today was well worth it.

Seibon carbon fiber RB5 spoiler FTW!
I said from the beginning if I did choose to have a tall spoiler on the coupe, it would only be a V5. Of course an authentic being up to 2k made the idea escape my mind. Then this turned up and boom, it all worked out. I’m either going to fully paint-match or leave some carbon showing. We shall see.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
731 Posts
Yes, brand new WRX one that matches the coolant tank you will use.

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Iwire got to it right at the 5th week mark! Great service all around from this company. Brian and Whitney are fantastic people.

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well after much sleepless reading and reading and messaging with @mike-tracy we were able to teach me why and how the suspension is as tricky as it is when swapping these GM,GC,GF. I have 2005 wrx struts with rce blacks already from the donor. I really wanted to find a way to use this setup and it seemed like the only option WITHOUT slotting the car was 90-91 legacy rear tophats. Hopped on Subaru, discontinued. Amazon, same. Didn’t see any on eBay. Was getting ready to plan slotting with reinforcement when I got lucky stumbling on the one thread in here with part numbers. I got my legacy rear tophats as well as luckily finding the rear upper spring seats and I wanted to share both those sources here for anyone it can help.

All ordered and will be here this week. Here’s to hoping the right parts show up...

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
Overnight parts from..... the UK!

Found a real nice kid that was stockpiling a ton of gauge clusters in his garage. I had been wanting a 140 MPH cluster and saw some UK ones turning up here and there stateside for $200 or more. They were all whiteface 160mph clusters though and I really wanted a blackface 140mph, if it existed. Surely enough, he had one! He showed me all that he had and he also had a whiteface 160 one. For what he told me he wanted for just one, I opted to get both. I figure, eventually I will STI swap the coupe and then have a reason to mount up a 160, lol. Or sell it, we’ll see.

Now onto quote with G-rom to see if they can get the mileage to match the WRX that way I can keep track of this thing painlessly.

Update: per G-rom, these are not flashable, bummer.

·
Registered
White 1998 L Coupe
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Harness arrived in 6 days! Excellent service. I cannot wait for Rich to get this in and start buttoning it up! Just so everyone knows, if you decide to send your harness with beer, it takes 3 weeks instead. Or so, I’ve heard from somebody. Also, completely unrelated, but MY harness no longer smells like Yuengling, so that’s good. No idea how that happened.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts