Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

Just got a 98 impreza obs and I wanna know if anyone has any advice or anything for mods? I wanna do wrx rims, full exhaust system, sound system, front grill and possibly body kit in awhile. What is directly compatible from a wrx or impreza without much modification? I'l get some pics of my car up soon.

Thanks

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
Just about every 93-01 parts or fitment part is usable. From cats back it's a only a little modification. Heads to Cams is a good bit harder. Intake 2.2 or 2.5 doesn't matter too much. I had a InJen Cold Air Intake on my 2.2 that's for a 2.5. Rim's will just about all fit if it came form another Subi other than SVX and STi. Good luck and happy modding. Check into the OBS Squad thread for some ideas if you want.
-Gaddis

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
legacy BK
369 Posts
^^no that will not work, the piping on your car is 2.25 and thats 3" you can buy it and take it to a shop. just look for forums on exhaust and intake. as for intake dont waste your money if your on a tight budget just get a good filter and do the snorkes delete.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
Not to hate you on, but the way you're talking about aesthetic differences without anything for performance makes it come off a wee bit ricey. You'll get a lot more pleasure and less criticism out of the car if you focus more on the things that really make a Subaru shine above the rest. Focusing on the suspension, brakes, tires, bushings, etc etc will make the car feel much stronger and increase the joy of driving. Even the bare minimum, like new brake pads and a rear sway bar, will make day-and-night differences on the smallest budget; remember the motto: if you can't afford to do it right once, don't pay to do it at all.

Happy motoring. :)

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
Not to hate you on, but the way you're talking about aesthetic differences without anything for performance makes it come off a wee bit ricey. You'll get a lot more pleasure and less criticism out of the car if you focus more on the things that really make a Subaru shine above the rest. Focusing on the suspension, brakes, tires, bushings, etc etc will make the car feel much stronger and increase the joy of driving. Even the bare minimum, like new brake pads and a rear sway bar, will make day-and-night differences on the smallest budget; remember the motto: if you can't afford to do it right once, don't pay to do it at all.

Happy motoring. :)
are you serious, please read my sig, everyone.

·
Registered
legacy BK
369 Posts
word i thought that 2 when i read this thread

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,816 Posts
I might have a few things you might like. poticularly the CAI maybe. I"m in the process of stripping down my 97 to built it up for my prodject and have a bunch of stuff left over that used to be on the car and won't be going back on. http://www.rs25.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=646
-Gaddis

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright guys a few questions. can i just buy a cheap muffler off ebay and get it welded on at a shop? or do i need a whole system. i really dont care if its rice, i have new brake pads and all that. also if i was to do some suspension mods, where would i start? OBSMINES, i couldnt find ur member journal.

·
Registered
97 GF8
777 Posts
I highly advise you to stay away from any CAI or Short Ram.
Do your reading: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819

The cliffs notes are, keep the snorkus and get a nice filter, like a K n' N. Then buy or fabricate something to make the distance between the MAF sensor and the intake manifold as short and smooth as possible.

I did the snorkus delete, then read that post, built myself an intake, and put the snorkus back in. The throttle response on a snorkus delete is very iffy, as you can floor it to WOT and not really go anywhere. I noticed a nice zippy increase in hp/tq on my butt dyno after replacing the snorkus and building my intake.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks obsmines. ill prolly just take out the snorkus just cause I dont feel like making something, thats pretty ghetto but im sure it works well.

·
Registered
97 GF8
777 Posts
I guess you didn't read what I posted.
DO NOT REMOVE THE SNORKUS.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alright ill consider it. I wanted to do the snorkus delete cause its free. ive seen the ganzflow go up to 60 bucks

1 - 20 of 73 Posts