Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 obp wrx, 87 bmw 325
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 impreza obs, 2.2, 5 speed, 210k (mint even with the mileage) which from my understanding has a retrofit bearing I'm assuming is due to it having a repair sleeve for the snout. My previous Subaru (same body, just a year newer) did not have the sticker shown in the image. So..

My main questions are :
1. Can the bca # be trusted and is there anything else that I would need to do the throw out bearing (I am ordering a flywheel, clutch, etc)?

2. I'm unfamiliar with the different repair sleeves (to be honest.. Since I was unaware of the repair sleeve on the snout on the 99 mentioned above.. When I did the clutch I left the correct bearing on it which was fairly new) - are there different styles and if so - how does one tell prior to dropping the trans?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 Impreza Outback Sport
110 Posts
My main questions are :
1. Can the bca # be trusted and is there anything else that I would need to do the throw out bearing (I am ordering a flywheel, clutch, etc)?

2. I'm unfamiliar with the different repair sleeves (to be honest.. Since I was unaware of the repair sleeve on the snout on the 99 mentioned above.. When I did the clutch I left the correct bearing on it which was fairly new) - are there different styles and if so - how does one tell prior to dropping the trans?
Not sure if you can tell without dropping the trans. PDM makes the tranquil sleeve kits PDMUSA | Transmission Sleeve Kits, maybe try reaching out to them. FAQs show that replacements are available. i purchased my kit from six star bernie.

The only differences would be the inside diameter that matches the sleeve. (i'd imagine this doesnt differ too much) and the clips that attach to the fork - this one varies between models.

When i did mine i ordered the sleeve repair kit, and a excedy clutch kit that had the oem bearing. that way if it didnt fit i would pull everything and go without the sleeve. worked out for me, and now i have a oem bearing sitting around. hope this helps. Best of luck

·
Premium Member
95 L, 96 OUTBACK
2,884 Posts
More Information for LUK 15031

This clutch kit has the sleeve and bearing. I just bought one two months ago and it fit perfect. If you have a sleeve and it doesnt fit use the sleeve from the kit with the bearing.

If you replace a clutch I would recommend you replace the fork too. I have two that have failed in higher mileage cars. They are $25-30 from the dealer and most have at least one on hand.

·
Registered
1998 RS #2
5 Posts
I would say that the sticker is very trustworthy, unless your transmission was swapped out after that sleeve kit was installed.

You want PDM's TSK1-B, which is the replacement bearing for your snout repair. Buy a new clutch kit and throw the included bearing away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts