Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 98 RS come in bright red? No flames just some guy has a 98 for sell in bright red. I was wondering if that's an original color.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
In 98, they had two colors that are very hard to find, since there are only a few hundered of each; brilliant red and the dark green. Very nice, rare colors. If you are in the market for an RS, no reason not to jump on the rare color!

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Proud owner of a Brilliant Red MY98 RS. :biggest: :biggest:

Just watch the hood scoop and vents as the clearcoat will probably start to peel off. Mine is doing that, and I've heard of others having the same problem. Nothing $100 and a good paint place can't fix in my mind.

My Car

AJ

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Red is a very rare color for the RS. I've only seen one and have yet to see a green one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sweet! Someone told me a local RS was actually a true imported WRX. I found that not impossible but hard the believe, but i only once seen this one since i bought mine 2 years ago. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for the rally light podded car ever since.

Anywho, in my local Autotrader there is an RS for sale with lots of extras not even put on the car i.e a Ver. 5 wing. So i call the guy up and boom he said it was red! 12K, a '98 RS with 51K miles. Said he hardly ever drove it. Anyways we started talking about the RS and he was saying he can't find parts for it. I asked him if he heard of I-Club or COBB Tuning...Nope:eek: (i mention here also) I think he may keep the car now!

Well anyways, it was a neat story. I'm trying to buy his used morretts and other bits :happynow:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Someone traded a red one into my dealership. Some guy bought it, but for some stupid reason the title hasn't showed as of yet:confused: .

·
Registered
220 Posts

Love my 98 Brilliant Red 4EAT . Only 685 AT's sold in 98, can't really say how many Red ones there are. I have the only one I have ever personally seen. I have seen a few Blue ones, and 2 black ones. Never seen the Fabled Acadia Green Rs though.

P.S. LOVE MY GOLD RIMS!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts