Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Im putting my suspension/knuckle back on the car. Very dumb question, is the 2000 impreza suspension torque spec the same as the 98 impreza?

I found this old thread and has all the specs I need, but its for a 2000 impreza.

edit: specifically the specs for the LCA. is 181ft lb correct spec for the 2 bolt that connects to the body? I have a rhd 98 Sti, so I believe it has a different front crossmember.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you can safely assume the torque spexs are the same. To be honest I only use a torque wrenxh for interior engine components, everything else on the car has always been by feel since I was 18.
Thank you very much! I was questioning the 2 bolts for the rear mount. Its listed as 181, but I removed those 2 bolts with ease with a breaker bar.

Also, can I use a little antiseize on these suspension bolts?

edit: the old thread lists 181 +\- 36ftlbs, does that mean the torque can be higher or lower than 181 by 36fts? I think my wrench goes to 175 max.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Torque specs are based on bolts being torqued dry unless otherwise specified in the FSM where lubrication, loctite or antiseized is used since torquing lubricated bolts leads to overtorquing (can range between 25-40%)

+/- is the range for torque specs.
Thank you, I guess it is 181ft lbs +- 36. I was just double checking as I thought it was a bit high. I didn't have trouble removing those 2 bolts for the rear. I will max my wrench at 175 and call it a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts