Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza Outback
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought my first Subie! its a 97 outback sport wagon and I plan on doing a JDM ej207 v6 with the 5 speed m/t swap. Hoping someone is knowledgeable about this I have a few questions..

1. is the wiring harness and ecu compatible or am i going to have to upgrade those as well?

2. is there anything that I should plan on spending money on other than the engine, transmission, TMIC, and ECU?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
Forget anything JDM Ver1-6. Do usdm WRX swap 02-05 for simplicity of cable throttle, ease of tuning, tons of parts support, and tons of troubleshooting support.

Just because the ver6 has 280hp doesn't mean a usdm WRX can't do that. Drop in a kinugawa 16g with modded injectors and fuel pump upgrade, turbo back exhaust, and a tune..... All good to go with more top end than the factory ver6 turbo.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza Outback
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My budget is 3k for engine, transmission, TMIC, clutch, ECU, and wiring harness. I'm gonna end up doing the 97 WRX STI ej20 swap on it for cost's sake and to own an OG GF8. It meets my budget with $25 to spare....so I'm cutting it close as it is. I know its gonna be a bitch to tune JDM but I know quite a bit of people in the tuning scene so I'm gonna take my chances. Thanks for the info man that's some straight Subie love! Your GF4 is hella clean man, props!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts