Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 impreza coupe I purchased in the last few months and found out it was totaled but still can drive. The only thing wrong is that the front right side of the subframe is pushed in about 5 inches and the Alligjment shop said something about it not worth fixing, but I really enjoy this car and want to stance it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
550 Posts
$

Congrats on getting an awesome car, sorry to hear it's in rough shape. Are you comfortable drilling spot welds, reshaping old metal, and welding in new metal? If not, it's probly going to be expensive to take it to a shop. :blow_money_original
I'm familiar with having a car that others think isn't worth the [time/money/effort] so I understand where you're coming from., good luck.

P.S. please don't stance it ;)

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
Congratulations. and welcome to the club.

Find a shop with a body table/jig. a good crash repair shop can straighten it for you. if only you have the chassis done by the pros, and complete the hard work yourself. (paint prep) then take it back to the pros to finish it off.

also, one more for please don't stance a Subaru. spend some time reading the other members build threads. it might inspire you to Racecar.

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, '00 911 Cab, '18 CT6 TT, '04 Escalade ESV
5,499 Posts
Congratulations. and welcome to the club.

Find a shop with a body table/jig. a good crash repair shop can straighten it for you. if only you have the chassis done by the pros, and complete the hard work yourself. (paint prep) then take it back to the pros to finish it off.

also, one more for please don't stance a Subaru. spend some time reading the other members build threads. it might inspire you to Racecar.
It's most likely not worth fixing, for the thousands of dollars youd spend straightening the chassis you could just buy another car. Since it his car and he wants to stance it, Id let him go for it. I dont personally like the look but plenty of people are into it

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
587 Posts

In all honesty man, I’d rather see something like this stanced vs something kept to showroom floor standards. At the end of the day it’s your car. I’d personally part out and buy another car or just drive it till she’s toast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts