Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have the stock brighton Reinforcement bar, i also have a 98' RS bumper on it too, but before i owned it was my brother. Idk who he took it to, to install the rs bumper but it looks kinda weird... i believe they also cut out the bracket to install the bumper so it would fit on to the reinforcement bar and they cut and bent the metal piece that was believe "to be in the way" of the foglights. Looks so damn horrible with the foglights just screwed onto the bottom foglight housing because you can see the damn reinforcement.

So today me and my inlaw took the bumper out, not knowing anything about subaru, we kinda did some dangs and dents here and there. of course we got out the reinforcement bar, but now it looks......more alright. because you dont see the damn RB anymore. but the only thing thats holding the bumper on is the fenders.

SO is it a good thing to let it run like that? pretty sure it wont fall off... :wtf:

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
If you are tracking it only, I would run like that. If its your daily driver, you (and whoever else is riding with you) need a beam.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My question is did they cut anything on the car or just the plastic bumper?
The inner bumper(metal part) is relatively cheap.
they cut and bent just a little ledge where the foglight sits in front, if i still have the RB on still? the foglight wont sit right like how it should cause the RB is blocking the way, thats why they TRY to cut and make it fit which it didnt work so they just screwed it on the bottom of the foglight housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.