Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 96 Impreza L and I see a lot of people turn them into the gc8, I'm not familiar with a lot of car stuff. I'm 21 and trying to learn and get started any and all suggestions, website or products I should look at I would very much appreciate getting more knowledge on everything (currently working on the body)

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I moved this to the Newbie section. Check out the first few threads in this section (and every section of interest).

The first 3 "sticky" threads in this section are about being new, how to private message someone, and what are some good suggestions for first mods.

As far as making it a gc8, with the "8" referring to a turbo engine, anything's possible with enough time and money. Most people swap in American WRX or STI engines because the parts are plentiful, the car can be made to pass emissions (if you care about that), you're not waiting a month or months for obscure stuff, the ECU is tunable (so you don't have to buy a standalone) etc.

Cosmetically, lots of people buy stuff on ebay and Facebook marketplace and find sellers willing to ship.

Make sure you hit that search button, and post any questions you can't find the answers through searching first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Basically just front end work for the cosmetics to convert it to a "post face-life" GC8 style,
  • 2.5rs hood
  • 2.5rs front crash bar
  • 2.5rs front bumper
  • 96-01 grill
  • 96-01 Headlights
  • 2.5rs Turn signals and fog lights or covers
I would look around Facebook marketplace for part-outs, there's a ton of stuff on eBay but I can be expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts