Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fabrication complete!

The car is back home and the first round of fabrication is complete!

Next is to lay down the interior primer and get it ready for a nice coat of bright white :monkey:

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Interior paint

Finally finishing up the interior paint, will be laying down the clear coat tomorrow then doors are going back on and I will start cutting out the lexan windows :monkey:

In primer:

In paint (Gloss white):

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looking good boss, just out of curiosity why did you go bright white on the inside?
No strategic reasoning behind it, just have always been a fan of the interior look of all the WRC's etc.

I saw you're gonna run a twin scroll turbod motor, but have to determined what block you'll be building off of? Are you planning to go USDM STi or JDM STi? 2.0L or 2.5L?
Right now I'm split between two roads, with a decision needing to happen within the month after I consult my tuner. Car will either run a sleeved ej257, or I will be building a 2.2t with 207 heads and making it rev happy

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ironic, there's a guy on a Subaru GC facebook group that just posted a recently built 2.2t for $2000. I think the 2.2 would be a good build, but a sleeved 257 is easier to find resources for when you're building
257 Is the likely choice for ease of parts as I'm sure I'll be breaking things :devil:

Watched Pikes peak hill climb this year, just got me more motivated for next year. Aero, glass, and lexan on order

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Doors are on and windshield has been installed. Wednesday I will be picking up lexan for the side and rear windows as well as rear windshield and the process of cutting them out and installing them begins!

Also ordered most of the exterior aero and shaved the fuel flap off the widebody. Pics to come

·
Registered
EJ205 1996 Brighton coupe
663 Posts
Sub'd.

Any plans on what Hill Climbs you would like to do, or just general interest in doing a few?

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Keep this going, hopefully I can stop by one of these nights and check it out!!
Yeah man come out sometime!

Sub'd.

Any plans on what Hill Climbs you would like to do, or just general interest in doing a few?
Here in the pacific northwest there is a group called the Northwest hillclimb association. The organize 7 hillclimb events around the area. Will be attending a few of their events as well as getting some road course time at some of the local tracks before heading to Pikes peak next June

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Light on updates due to crazy busy with work/moving. But I'll be moving into a new place with a 720sqft garage w/paint booth within the next 2 weeks, progress to come :devil:

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Still alive

Prepare for updates, it's been awhile since I've posted but I've been busy..

I bought a new daily, a 1997 Subaru Legacy postal wagon, Right hand drive :cool:

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Lexan windows

I began cutting and fitting the lexan windows. The rear windshield and quarter windows are no problem, the front windows will be a bit trickier due to the frameless design

Robb at Godspeed fabrication custom bent some steel rod for my window frames and welded tabs to it which will give me something to mount the front windows to. I'll snap pictures of that setup when I install it after paint.

You can see I started masking already. Bodywork and paint are next!

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Bodywork begins

Before I started the process of sanding, scuffing, blending and etc. I mocked up all of the fiberglass body panels to allow me to trim and fit where needed. I'm very excited that I found these side skirts, after a bit of modification they fit great and look almost identical to the genuine Do luck skirts at a fraction of the price

Then began the fun part, so much sanding and smoothing and scuffing

I also picked up a broken v6 grill awhile ago and finally got around to repairing it with fiberglass and modifying it to allow for a bit more airflow and a better look at the intercooler once it all goes back together

I'm no bodywork master but I'm more than happy with how things are turning out

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Primer goes on

The car is finally one color again, granted it's only primer. Eastwood makes a great inexpensive urethane primer, filled in all of the imperfections and now I just need to go about sanding once more

Paint before the end of the month!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts