Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
99 RS RBP Coupe, widebody, 205 swap with lots of JDM interior and ext goodies
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
<My Fav pic of her so far.

Well I figured is time to finally start a journal for this car. Before it I had a SRP 95l. I bought that car after I had sold my 97 lumina with 184k on the ticker after all the little stuff started going and I didn't want to but any more into it. I used to have a 93 legacy back in college and remember how that car just didn't die no matter what I threw at it, so my journey to find another subaru began. I wanted something more sporty than a legacy, so the impreza was the obvious choice. My budget was pretty much as cheap as possible so all the newer ones were out of the question. After searching CL though several blown engine and extremely rust cars I finally found a nice 95 1.8 5spd with great service records about an hour away in NY state. I picked it up that night with plans of just using it to get to work. Problem is I have the speed bug, and I work with high end cars and also own a few mustangs, one turbo and one supercharged, so naturally the 1.8 was a little too underpowered for my liking. I then began looking for a 2.5 to swap in just to give it a little more power, all the while searching for a 2.5rs "just out of curiosity" and "for parts" Well it just so happened that before I could find an engine I stumbled upon a WR Blue modded 99 that was for sale for parts. The title was branded, the exterior needed help, check engine light was on, misfire, clunking in the front end, real winner right? But I saw potential, and worst case it was a complete pos and I could then part it if it came to it, but I wanted to give the car a second chance first.
So here she is when I bought her, seems like after the accident that totaled her whomever owner her was knew their stuff a bit as they replaced the rear end with JDM tails and a V6 sti wing instead of just stock components. Someone in there threw on a whiteline lower rear sway bar too. Next owner-stromung header, JDM headlamps, clear corners, and 22B hood inserts. Great looking car, but still had issues. First thing I did was getting her running right, changed all the usual stuff to get her to do so and than swapped in the upper strut bars from my L since I figured it could only help. Will post pics next chance I get, but here is the story in case anyone was wondering.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And so it began

Here was my first impreza, a 95L sedan 1.8 with a 5spd. 138k and lots of maintenance records. The usual cancer spots but a solid car overall. She was pretty great to me but like I said I needed more power...

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After decided that I needed TO do a 2.5 swap on my L I began the search for a useable engine. In my search I came across a list for a parts car. Went to see her the next day and decided to pick her up. Here was my car when I got her.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a battle with NJ MVC to get it titled and registered and some basic maintenance to have it running right and safe she was finally back on the road. I kept searching the forums for a set of wheels as a winter set and that's when I came upon a nice set of 17's FT that I just couldn't pass up.

99 RS by Alex Chujko - AlexC Photography, on Flickr

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
After a salty trip out to Harry's U-Pull It, and adobe dent removal too. This convinced me to purchase a set of mud flaps.

A pic of my wheels (17X8) with my old flaps (Just got a set of Rally Armors today)

And my interior currently, got a navi/dvd player/hd radio sitting around so I decided to throw it in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What wheels are they?
Honestly I have no idea, I've been trying to find this info myself. Here's a sticker I found when I had the tires off them. If anyone has any input it'd be greatly appreciated.

Closest thing I've found are Kyowa 626, but my spokes are straight and narrower. So its still a mystery.

Attachments

·
I &#10084; BOOBIES
swaps on swaps
1,971 Posts
Honestly I have no idea, I've been trying to find this info myself. Here's a sticker I found when I had the tires off them. If anyone has any input it'd be greatly appreciated.

Closest thing I've found are Kyowa 626, but my spokes are straight and narrower. So its still a mystery.
the guy that traded them to you didn't know either?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the guy that traded them to you didn't know either?
Lol, nope, one of the dumbest things I have done as I ALWAYS over research anything I do when I mod, but I just couldn't take the look of the wrx wheels anymore, something about them just bothered me for some reason. Plus my judgement was blurred too..gold....mmmm..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New Seats!!! Finally, after much research and sitting in a few friends seats I finally decided on these, the Version 7 JDM WRX STI seats. They feel absolutely AMAZING!! Here they are with my winter mats.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Coupe - Aspen W
73 Posts
Sweet! Those look to be in great condition! How much did you get them for?

I want to get some Version 8s. Which are pretty much the same except for visuals? How big are you? I am about 6' 2" and a stick.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those seats look sick! Good choice!
Thank you sir! Very Very happy with them, don't want to ever get out of the car now, lol.

Sweet! Those look to be in great condition! How much did you get them for?

I want to get some Version 8s. Which are pretty much the same except for visuals? How big are you? I am about 6' 2" and a stick.
Straight up trade for my RS seats, lol, jk, I got them for what all the JDM places sell them for you just gotta shop around, I'd recommend the place I went to though, they were great to deal with and had the best communication out of all the places I contacted: JDM Nagoya Auto Parts. I'm 6' and 190 and they fit me perfect. I think these are a little tighter than the V8's, supposedly anyway, haven't measured yet and the GC rails swap right on as well.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Coupe - Aspen W
73 Posts
I think i weigh about 165. So i would want to go with the skinny-er seats. I was under the impression they were the same size(v7 and v8s). I really love how the JDM seats are all smaller. The USDM seats are too big.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think i weigh about 165. So i would want to go with the skinny-er seats. I was under the impression they were the same size(v7 and v8s). I really love how the JDM seats are all smaller. The USDM seats are too big.
Anything up to V7 should fit you fine and be a direct or easy swap in, after that it gets a little tricky, but still doable, If you do the V8's and bolt them in with the GD rails you may be sitting a little high though, that was the main reason I chose the V7's, I loved the look of the 8's but didn't want the hassle. Now that I have the 7's in I love the look of them, pics don't really do the justice, and the feel of them, no words...Theres a thread somewhere on here or nasioc comparing the two, well probably a few threads, I just read a lot on both and then decided that this was the best for what I'm looking to do with my car (comfortable daily yet still very sporty) Check out the usdm bugeye seats too, they are the closest thing to these and cheaper as well.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.