Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey have an opportunity to pick up an awd 94 coupe in a couple weeks here for dirt cheap completely rust free, planning on doing a swap like everyone else just had some questions.

First of all i have a running 2000 2.5rs coupe also for a parts car (frame damage, got it for 800 bucks.)

Ive been doing research and will continue to do more im just curious how much extra work ill be making for myself sti swapping the 94, i understand the chassis is the same and obviously different motor, body stuff, drum brakes i believe, possible gear ratio in rear diff although i heard something about the 94 specifically having a matching one, not really sure.

First of all curious if i can swap my manual trans from the 2000 2.5 in right away or how much extra work that would be if it even works.

plan is to gut the 94 completely and cage it so interior doesn't matter to me.

can i swap over the bumper headlights and hood all easily? i'm pretty sure they all fit together and should go right on but i'm not positive on that.

Kind of a scattered post just trying to feel out how much extra work the sti swap will be with that chassis, just wanted it for the rust free shell (from wisconsin, impossible to find here)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey have an opportunity to pick up an awd 94 coupe in a couple weeks here for dirt cheap completely rust free, planning on doing a swap like everyone else just had some questions.

First of all i have a running 2000 2.5rs coupe also for a parts car (frame damage, got it for 800 bucks.)

Ive been doing research and will continue to do more im just curious how much extra work ill be making for myself sti swapping the 94, i understand the chassis is the same and obviously different motor, body stuff, drum brakes i believe, possible gear ratio in rear diff although i heard something about the 94 specifically having a matching one, not really sure.

First of all curious if i can swap my manual trans from the 2000 2.5 in right away or how much extra work that would be if it even works.

plan is to gut the 94 completely and cage it so interior doesn't matter to me.

can i swap over the bumper headlights and hood all easily? i'm pretty sure they all fit together and should go right on but i'm not positive on that.

Kind of a scattered post just trying to feel out how much extra work the sti swap will be with that chassis, just wanted it for the rust free shell (from wisconsin, impossible to find here)
I'm not much of a mechanical wizard as for engines but as for the lights and hood part you should be good. I have 93 L sedan and replaced sport hood,grill and headlights from a 97 outback sport.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not much of a mechanical wizard as for engines but as for the lights and hood part you should be good. I have 93 L sedan and replaced sport hood,grill and headlights from a 97 outback sport.

I've read here and there something with the engine harness to motors but I'm sure someone here will let you know for sure.

·
www.jackstalk.com
04 WRX, 911 Cab, Escalade ESV
5,373 Posts
They didnt make a 94 coupe, it is probably a 95. That being said, you can swap all of your rs parts into it with little problem. The hardest part will be freeing all the factory stuck bolts on the chassis, which is why Id personally go with a car that has stock disc brakes in the back from the factory and keep the stock subframes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They didnt make a 94 coupe, it is probably a 95. That being said, you can swap all of your rs parts into it with little problem. The hardest part will be freeing all the factory stuck bolts on the chassis, which is why Id personally go with a car that has stock disc brakes in the back from the factory and keep the stock subframes
Interesting didn't know that, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts