Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Impreza Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 93 L FWD with an EJ18. I use the car to commute to work because it gets much better mpg than my 6.4L hemi.

Anyhow, it has 165k on it and needs new struts. I've found the kyb gr2 for it. I understand that the AWD struts don't fit in the rear without some trimming, which I don't want to do. So it looks like the gr2s will be the ones I purchase. What about springs? I'd like a slightly stiffer spring, but haven't found much for options. I don't want to lower the car, but wouldn't mind maybe a 1/2" at most.

Basically I'd just like to improve the suspension as much as I can and am curious to all the options, if any. Searching didn't provide much answers.

I've got an ej22 in my garage that I'll eventually swap in but the ej18 is running very well.

·
Registered
93 Impreza L
130 Posts
Darren,
I have owned two 93 FWD Imprezas, and actually have a set of GR2 rear struts new in the box for you if you haven't already purchased some. I can make you a deal on the pair. Other than that, the issue will be that any stiffer factory spring or probably aftermarket will be made for the AWD rear struts. The ride height will be a little different than a FWD due to the AWD rear struts are a little different in length. I may have some 2.5RS springs though if you want to try them.

·
Registered
1993 Impreza Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I just had all four kybs delivered, but thanks anyhow. I talked with a rep at eibach and he stated the kit I got should fit the fwd rear struts. I explained to him that the struts were in fact different between the fwd and awd in the rear. I gave him the part number of the fwd rear strut and he stated the springs would fit it. I received the springs as well so I'll find out shortly if they fit or not

·
Registered
93 Impreza L
130 Posts
Thanks for the response. I just had all four kybs delivered, but thanks anyhow. I talked with a rep at eibach and he stated the kit I got should fit the fwd rear struts. I explained to him that the struts were in fact different between the fwd and awd in the rear. I gave him the part number of the fwd rear strut and he stated the springs would fit it. I received the springs as well so I'll find out shortly if they fit or not
Let us know what you think once you have everything installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts