Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Man I thought we were cool like that...here I though you got me a gift or something. :(

Like tyres on my door step ;)
Bue, you're my boy and all but fuck that! Tryin' to eat out here, we hungrrrryy. :lol:

Speaking of gifts, a friend of mine is giving me, yes GIVING me STi V6 Gymkhana front springs. I was looking on North Ursalia and the spring rates for the fronts are like 286 or something insane like that. :wtf:

Now mini side-quest to track down some rears...

·
Registered
98 impreza outback
12 Posts
Nice build i like that you take your time. Makes me wanna start a journal myself. I have a question the side vents on your hood someone told me that there v3 sti vents but im guessing there usdm oem for the 93 as well? Or was that something you installed when you got the car?

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I just read that first line as a rap from E40.... Yaaayyy aaarreeeaaaa! Like that? Tell them ****** 40 Water is back ;)
Lol!!! I was talking about 2Fast2Furious, but I HELLA know the line you're talking about...E-40 is the shit.

Nice build i like that you take your time. Makes me wanna start a journal myself. I have a question the side vents on your hood someone told me that there v3 sti vents but im guessing there usdm oem for the 93 as well? Or was that something you installed when you got the car?
Hey there, thanks for stopping by. Thank you, I appreciate those words and I encourage you to create a journal, I've done a couple of them and it's a really cool way to document the progress. I'm a lot more meticulous and directed now that I'm older and I think my car is pretty clean, understated, and slightly unique to keep it from being generic (I've come a long way from my first RS!). Sometimes a build on here is exactly the motivation we need to continue to be an active member of the RS club community (which will definitely keep you interested in modifying these cars). So do it!

As far as the vents go, those are simply from the V1-V3 (or 1992-1996) aluminum hood that came on the JDM WRX models. I drove to the edge of Vermont in the middle of cow country to buy that hood.

I've done nearly everything on the car myself, with the exception of the re-spray of the paint and the clutch/t-belt job. I've forgot more about these cars then some will ever learn, so I have 0% shame and I will still outsource work on the car if I don't feel like doing it-OR if I don't have the time/tools to do it 100% properly.

:)

·
Registered
98 impreza outback
12 Posts
very good my hunt for that hood will go on then. Yeah i think ima start one up i used to really enjoy having build threads. Been a while tho but i think ive got time for one again.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Braved the heat and installed some parts. My old battery tie down rods were corroded from rust and wouldn't hold the battery still so I ordered some Rally Techs:

Here is a pic of the Agency Power lightest weight crank pulley (1 lb.) installed (these things DO work):

Annnd based on Georgy's recommendation I tracked down this airbox in AUS. Decent fitment, only had to modify it slightly:

It's coming together. I ordered some Extra S gear oil because shifts are starting to feel crunchy and I have no idea of the condition of the oil in the trans. I did change out the rear diff fluid when I first purchased the car a couple years ago, so that's probably due for another 30k interval as well.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
510 Posts
Is that just a fancy filter box? Looks good, just wondering if it has any performance value?

And yes, I'd say your car is clean and understated! :projectsti.com:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
that box is BADASS! i need it! link?
Hi Octane Racing Airbox - Subaru WRX / STI GC8 97-00 | eBay

Kind of pricey, but worth it for peace of mind.

Is that just a fancy filter box? Looks good, just wondering if it has any performance value?

And yes, I'd say your car is clean and understated! :projectsti.com:
Thanks Alex!

The issue with taking the vent out of the hood, and allowing rain to enter (which can possibly get sucked into the pod filter) is solved with either the Injen waterproof 'hairnet' or a box such as this. I can also see how this would shield against engine heat and allow for fresh air to directly enter through the fender, thus allowing for a true 'cold air intake'.

There used to be tons of these awhile back, now the only other ones I've seen are the expensive/rare Zero Sports ones. You could make one for a fraction of the price, but I didn't feel like using my design degree that I don't have on a new US patent.

·
Registered
99 rustbox
1,041 Posts
$90 AUD is expensive??? :blol:

I need to get back in a Subaru.... Airbox for the M would be ~$3k :drunk:

That does look good though P-ross :mamoru:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Sounds like a serial killer name.
:clap: *dies laughing*

$90 AUD is expensive??? :blol:

I need to get back in a Subaru.... Airbox for the M would be ~$3k :drunk:

That does look good though P-ross :mamoru:
Yes Sooch, I think $90 for a couple panels of poly and some set screws is expensive! Bimmer shit is exorbitant prices because they know their audience will shell out for it. I cannot even fathom paying $3k for an intake box, maybe for a complete motor!

I was teetering on the edge of building my own, but ordered this one because I knew exactly what it would look like. I think it cleans up the engine bay nicely, and above all else has somewhat of a function. Keeps my APEXi intake cone dry, channels fender air, and blocks heat.

141 - 160 of 386 Posts