Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Received some cool stuff in the mail:

I've wanted a set of Kouki multi-colored fogs for years, and now I finally pulled the trigger because the deal was too sweet. I plan to wire up those foggies and use the v4 covers toward the end of summer.

I also have a huge old school ADVAN sunstrip banner that I'm considering equipping the Impreza with (it's originally for an S13).

I intend to use the 15" ADVAN RC wheels for my next snow tire setup, coupled with some 195/65/15 or 185/65/15's.

No actual real updates because I dropped my car off to have a full re-seal, t-belt and lw pulley/flywheel and Exedy clutch setup. I didn't care to do it myself, because we're selling our house and I have too much going on at the moment.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Sometimes, you help your friend put their hillclimb car back together. Sometimes, you are awarded delicious beer and steak as well as lodging as a thank you. But then there are other times, and you get a bonus in the form of gold (Whiteline?) endlinks:

Swapped out my A4 endlinks for the gold. Man, what a bitch to install these-lots of bending of tabs and cursing involved. They're also a lot heavier then the Audi ones, but I love the color, (the fact that they are urethane) and the beefiness of them.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Need some washers on them bolt heads if not flange head... OCD
I know, I thought about it but I was struggling trying to get them installed (which should've taken like 15 minutes...) because the urethane bushings are much larger then the lateral link endlink bracket.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Test driving them...I don't notice much. I guess it feels more planted in the rear, but the thing I'm most psyched on is the endlinks no longer rub. The Audi A4 one's (while a much lighter alloy compound, and only $20 on eBay) tend to rub on the swaybar and I've had the hardware come loose on more then one occasion.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I'd been having issues with the angle of my front swaybar, it was too low because these old endlinks weren't the correct length for my setup:

So, I splurged on some spherical jointed ones and installed them, although I am concerned about the angle by which they meet the swaybar; theoretically they should be fine when considering suspension travel however.

I'll test them goldies out and see what happens, I also noticed my drivers side axle boot is ripped (which would explain the clicking in tight parking lots). :unamused:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Cusco shroud added:

I love these "OEM fitment items" that require me to drill radiator support holes, trim the brand new JDM hotboy part with tinsnips, bend metal, etc... :mad:

...annnnnnd the AP lightest weight crank pulley soon to be installed (1 lb.!), check out all those speed holes...

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Test drive with the AP pulley...damn, it's almost as if there are noticeable gains had by subtracting weight from a rotating assembly, or some kind of scientific shit...listen, you don't need to be able to understand quantum physics or specialized theory of relativity to comprehend all these maths at play...but YOU ARE gonna need to get Bill motherfucking Nye out here to give the lecture on it.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Shroud looks baller! And the pulley, too. It's a shame they're so hidden.
Hey thanks Alex! With the house being sold, I've been able to afford a lot of the coolest, most rarest JDMicry that I've long since pined for.

:projectsti.com:

121 - 140 of 386 Posts