Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I took advantage of the nice weather to finish up this V4 Bumper:

For comparison:

Also did the fog covers, but I am debating on using them:

:naughty:

And this stuff ready to be installed:

Those tiny front rotors were very light, coming in at around 11 lbs. each. I also have the JDM front beam to use with the bumper, so much weight will be shaving off...

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I like covers.
Ehhh...I'm still debating, I think I like the V1 RA rawness of it without them-at least for summer driving. I have backing plates and crystal clear foglights for it, which I will probably install next fall.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
the chromium yellow whatever theyre called foggies would look super awesome with the aegean:
You talkin the Kouki's Georgy? I've wanted a set of those for years, but they're so priced gauged I was never able to justify them. Also, they aren't period correct for it. I like the smaller OG fluted ones, and then maybe do a multi-color overlay on em'.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
:lol:

So in my mind:

The vented rotors (while helping with heat dissipation) are about 2 lbs. lighter/each then the oem ones for (4) lbs. of total weight shavings.

Alloy LCA's are around 3 lbs. lighter/each, (6) lbs. total. JDM front bumper beam is about (12) lbs. lighter.

Chyaaa 22 lbs. of weight loss is nothing to be ashamed of!

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,223 Posts
Common math mistake easily made.

Your arms are unsprung weight. That equates to more savings.

And them rotating rotors? I think you will like the math better after you factor in the rotational mass weight loss.

BTW my comment was talking about the shoes you got, some meaty looking kicks ;)

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Common math mistake easily made.

Your arms are unsprung weight. That equates to more savings.

And them rotating rotors? I think you will like the math better after you factor in the rotational mass weight loss.

BTW my comment was talking about the shoes you got, some meaty looking kicks ;)
Don't tell me my business devil women!

Trust me bucko, I know about unsprung weight and rotating mass, I was making a generalized statement about weight loss. And thank you for the compliment on the tires, I mistakenly thought you were taking a jab at the rotor size.

:sunny:

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,203 Posts
The side marker likes are the same bulbs in your instrument cluster. 168's; which are only rated for about 5w. FAKE NEWS.... So it's actually 194's that are even less; 3.8w. I'm not sure how they're tied in to the turn signal circuit but I don't think one of them being out will cause a fast flash.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
don't tread on me you post whore!
OK Mr. nearly 30k...

:jerkit:

You gotta get like me Bry guy...spread out a bare minimal amount of posts over the course of a decade plus. And only post something that has importance-this is critical. Then, when you post something, it IS important, it's an event. Like when P-Diddy rolls up to the club and announces a new energy drink named after himself, it's like "OHHH AHHHH..." Not just another incoherent rambling, of which we all lose IQ points as a result.

That being said, I eagerly await to see what gifts you are awarded after becoming a member of the exclusive 30k club. I'm predicting an array of cherry blossum red ballons, shipping containers with Kanji lettering on them filled to the brim with every rare JDM part, banquets of assorted cherry blossum flowers, a marching band comprised of Japanese only speaking humans (playing traditional Japanese flute music). At some point during the ceremony, I envision Samurai's will slice lanterns in half that release doves into the air.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,854 Posts
i'd be okay with just the marching band. as long as they don't include fucking woodwinds. worthless instruments. and maybe some of those little box lantern balloon like thingys.

61 - 80 of 386 Posts