Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
Went for a drive with the new setup, parked at the church:

Automotive parking light Sky Wheel Land vehicle Plant

They just happened to have COMPACT <----CAR----> PARKING as well:

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Handles on rails, loud, and sexy as ever. Tastes like the Blue Hawaiian flavor of Hubba Bubba Bubblegum.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
Went to see what my Outlook was:
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Water

Turns out it was pretty good:
Sky Cloud Ecoregion Plant Nature

Naw I feel fine, I probably have some upcoming speaking roles. If I could just get past my stage fright I'd be fine.

Nothing new with the car, it's loud and I wear 3M earplugs while driving it. Went up to a hillclimb event and didn't even drive (street unprepared, class) so I bailed in a pissed off at myself sorta mood. They wouldn't let me run it at night, and they wouldn't let me run it dogfight style. Back to the woods I go, and to the garage she goes.

·
Registered
2004 STi/2000 2.5RS rallycross car
10 Posts
Interested to hear how you overhauled those axles in the post on the previous page. Did you disassemble as much as possible, solvent tank or media blast the corrosion off, and reassemble with new parts? Or was it building up axles using mostly new piece parts?
I want to buy some spares for my GD STi and GC RS sedan and rebuild a couple so I'll have spares. Every time I tear a CV boot I have to pop the axle out of the transmission or differential end anyway and sometimes I think the axles are due for a refresh so might as well replace them at next CV boot service but I don't want to pay $$$ for new CV axles from Subaru nor do I trust budget ones from Rock Auto, so I'd rather remanufacture my own. Wondering how the process was for you.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
Interested to hear how you overhauled those axles in the post on the previous page. Did you disassemble as much as possible, solvent tank or media blast the corrosion off, and reassemble with new parts? Or was it building up axles using mostly new piece parts?
I want to buy some spares for my GD STi and GC RS sedan and rebuild a couple so I'll have spares. Every time I tear a CV boot I have to pop the axle out of the transmission or differential end anyway and sometimes I think the axles are due for a refresh so might as well replace them at next CV boot service but I don't want to pay $$$ for new CV axles from Subaru nor do I trust budget ones from Rock Auto, so I'd rather remanufacture my own. Wondering how the process was for you.
Ha naw I just sourced new ones from eBay and installed them. No one's cut my boots in awhile so I'll have to wait and see how they fair.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
Obligatory Father's Day Driveway Post:
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Complete w/ JDM maple in the foreground...turns out a mature one of those trees is worth around $15k. My property value just went up.

I also found one of these things:
Pen Office supplies Handwriting Office instrument Writing implement

Huge shoutout to Black Hawk Japan on eBay! This CUSCO <3 pitch stop weighs about as much as one of my ADVAN'S. If someone could translate the above instructions for me, that would be great. K thx.

I'm having some work outsourced on the Bluebird; So when the sport compact car returns home the sport compact car is going to have some new wheel bearings, steering rack bushings, and a new p/s pump among the finer items.

Keep the spirit of tuning alive.

501 - 511 of 511 Posts