481 - 500 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 · (Edited)
Swaybar painting:

Flooring Floor Wood Wall Shelving

"Cherry blossum red" when compared to the plastic box in the background that color just looks PINK.

Installed:
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Spherical endlinks are in:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Check the angles.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Leg Bumper Trunk

^Axle boot is ripped, add another item to the list.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

The angles calm down once the car is lowered off of the jacks. Test drive was fine, adjusted tire pressure and softened the damping on the coilovers. Can't wait to see how it attacks the mountain passes with an alignment and RE71-r's

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
Went to the Outlook:

Wheel Tire Cloud Car Sky

Cloud Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Cloud Automotive side marker light

Cloud Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the way it looks for now-I wish the wheels weren't so sunk. I'll still be steady grinding away at it through the month getting everything dialed in.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
Cusco Front Rad Member Brace Install:

This brace arrived in the mail:
Hand tool Gas Metalworking hand tool Bicycle part Wrench

Triangle Bicycle part Rim Carbon Composite material

^Painted it and cooked it against the fireplace.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

Rack that up to another successful install...you can just see it peeking through the bars of the grill along with the PIAA ear deafening horns.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Whiteline roll correction geometry kit installed. Still fine tuning, then off to the alignment shop to hella dial in the camber and toe. Damping adjustment of left front coilover has seized, so I will need to figure out the stroke of the right front to laterally match.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
Replaced inner and outer tye dyed rods, completed string theory alignment method.

Next steps:
-New front axles
-Repair p/s rack or acquire better one
-Modify HKS Carbon Ti can to fit axleback
-Pro-level alignment

Enjoy the car!

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,947 Posts
Fresh tye dyed rods always make a big difference. Same thing with ball joints and a quality alignment.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
Merry Christmas:
Speedometer Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle

300mm MoMo weighted steering wheel from 1997!

I just turned around in my driveway and the precision feel and lesser effort this provides is beyond my wildest imagination. The true test will be next year when I drive on the mountain passes by my house.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
Air Duct Mod:
Temperatures were 5-7 degrees in my garage when I started-Omnitech kerosene portable heater (seen in last photo of this post) worked wonders!
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Above shown:
An actual 'cold air intake'...reasoning for the lateral placement of the ducting as opposed to horizontal is for aesthetics and to hide the intake hose. Additionally, this provides for more surface area of the radiator to see air. I was going to lie, but I decided to truth instead-I used black tye-wraps to secure it.

Also finally got around to doing front axles, after stalling for far too long here they are and they look great (sure, I'll let you look at my cardboard install chart):

Light Automotive tire Gas Font Wood

Old one's were hella fucked:

Wood Metal Art Antique Bronze

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Space

Utilized the LCA drop method (as well as unbolting the endlinks) so I can maintain my string theory alignment. Again, I turned around in my driveway and the steering feel just keeps getting crispier and toastier.

-Cusco trunk bracing arrives this month
-Still need to order a new power steering rack, any suggestions are appreciated
-Should book an alignment
-Figure out HKS Carbon Ti exhaust adapter

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
Cusco Trunk Brace:
Painted Aegean Blue Metallic, and hanging to dry:
Building Wood Flooring City Engineering

Installed!
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Rim

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Now, I'm just waiting for my adapter to arrive to fit up the HKS Carbon Titanium exhaust. More updates to follow, based on my past journal posting experience and knowledge.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,229 Posts
Not gonna lie, had a mini heart attack when I seen you painted your cusco rad brace. I've come to grips, totally dig the paint match you got goin.
Keep up the good work

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
What headers are on your car - are they OBX?
Straight from Chrisinabox:
"It's made by CNT (no longer makes them) and is a used copy of the one Cobb used to make. And that has been copied by OBX like 12+yrs ago."
Not gonna lie, had a mini heart attack when I seen you painted your cusco rad brace. I've come to grips, totally dig the paint match you got goin.
Keep up the good work
Thanks for the kind words, Scruff. I love reading updates about your Lwag!
I painted a lot of pieces and I got dizzy from the fumes (I almost fainted). I'm not having parts be WRB when my car is ABM, I think the contrast of the blues wouldn't match. Don't get me wrong I love all variations of World Rally Blue, but I think for my build the colorway would be off. I still have to go through and repair undercarriage imperfections that got damaged from all the hard driving I put the Bluebird through over the years.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 ·
HKS Carbon Titanium exhaust install:

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

After procrastinating installing this for soooo long I opted to retain the stock midpipe because of engine back pressure. Flange merging was interesting, utilized 2.5"--->3.0" adapter w/ crush gaskets and Ultra Black gasket sealer.
No leaks so far.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

"Hyperventilating Intensifies..."
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Deja Vu, I've just been in this place before high R on the street...
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Looks Touge proper.

100% Mad Tight Certified fitment achieved with alternating sized urethane exhaust hangers (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, I AM A PROFESSIONAL). Clearance from rear sub-frame was like totally close to a few milometers. Keys were right in it, so I fired it right up on a cold start AND it was so loud it tripped out the car alarm for my 2004 RS. 😂
I laughed out loud as I pulled it out of my garage.

Sounds ignorant and volatile, just how I remember them cannons sounding from way back when.(y)

481 - 500 of 511 Posts