Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
461 - 480 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
Bride X Cusco Seats Arrive At Last:

Here this is completed and sitting up on the bench. Used old rails for mounting purposes from the eBay seller ShiftUp in San Francisco. Worked like a charm; A good rule of thumb for securing the mounting hardware is to tighten until you hear carbon fiber cracking. Ordered passenger side seat rails since I didn't have any in stock...

Quality for these seats was beyond what I was expecting. Fit and finish is exceptional and for a 'wide' seat they still perform way past my expectations. Expert level construction, with extreme lightness in the carbon fiber aramid weave department. These sit low like a Bride low-max.

I tested these out on the Touge and they hug you like that holding monster they always talk about. I would say worth the wait but I don't like waiting.

All in all 100% satisfied, perfect product-I recommend and endorse.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 · (Edited)
Work in Progress:
Rear struts are in:
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Magenta Automotive exhaust

HKS Hiper-D's coilovers.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Pulled camber all the way negative, alignment to follow.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Messing with the ride height, should be better for the handles.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Front end re-fresh to be delt with next month. Adding all the new parts and subtracting all the old ones.

Up Next:

-Struts
-Inner/Outer tie-rods
-Rotors + pads
-Whiteline roll correction kit
-Spherical endlinks
-Various suspension components cleaned/painted
Etc.

·
Registered
Bluebird
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 · (Edited)
HKS Hiper-D Coilovers are in (front and rear), and now the car is dropped:
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Check the booty^
Showing here with her new(ish) shoes and sidewall text:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

"NOKIAN TYRES NORDMAN 7"
Imagine that, I'm still working on getting it tolerable ride height wise:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

I like it, but, I just don't love it yet...and maybe that's due to the narrow ass 175 wide tires and tall 65 aspect ratio. Yeah, I bet when I mount the Sprint Heart w/ RE-71r Bridgestones combo next summer, THEN I'll be satisfied.

Aerial view:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1993 Subaru Impreza "Project Bluebird"

Staged within a stage, nobody will ever truly know the meticulous effort that went into getting this classic Impreza as close to perfect as is possible on this Earth sphere (AND IT STILL NEEDS PAINT, AGAIN!). That's what the reals do with these creations though. Hopefully this journal has been an accurate representation of the amount of heart I've poured into this oldest offspring of mine. There's a few other suspension re-freshes that'll also go into this 'Project Bluebird' within the month also, so don't worry. Baller joints, tying rods up (inside and outside), Cherry Blossum colored swaybars, endlinks, and more, stay tuned.

461 - 480 of 511 Posts