Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

421 - 440 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Today I installed a partition, pandemic or not nothing is going to stop the tidal wave of society's ingenuity:

IMG_5069.JPG

Here this was, still in original blue cellophane packaging. I wish they'd offer this item in this colorway, I was tempted to leave it on for maximum hotness but decided jdm silver fits the motif better anyway. Still incorporated the white decal for 100% Braille errrr I mean Laille authenticity. I'm almost ready to call Neil Suchechi to see what he thinks on the matter, but he'll read this at some point and come to his senses. Always count on Beatrush by LAILLE for the best products.

IMG_5074.JPG

This required some modification to make it fit, but the end product came out well in my eyes.
IMG_5083.JPG

Here this is with my custom made bolt-in X cross brace, that I made.
IMG_5080.JPG

Noise exists but is not even a detriment. Handling is gooder. Coolness factor has also somehow been increased? Not sure how this could be...

Next Up:
-Gutting cf trunklid to single ply carbon
-HKS coilovers
-Waiting on my Bride X Cusco Carbon Aramid seats to arrive
-Enjoy the driving experience

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,565 Posts
No need / added weight / money better spent on other parts from them :p

Mainly the first 2, unless it's a class rule when I run a series, I don't see a need to block off the rear end.

·
Registered
Bluebird
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
Posted for posterarity:

Now if only these Carbon Aramid seats would arrive this iteration of 'Naomi' shall be complete.

·
Registered
Bluebird
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
New Shop Sign:

I couldn't find any fitting real estate on the exterior of my property to add the signage, so I attached it my garage. I like the sign that I designed, it has a real Scarface vibe to it - And, I for one always push things to the limit. Maybe if Tony Montana was born in Japan instead of being a political prisoner from Cuba things would have been different, guess we'll never know.

Bracing keeps growing:

If you'll examine the above image you'll notice I have modified A Honda C-pillar brace. Now, it has escaped the confines of the trunk x-brace, is growing, and has crept into the seat area (thank God the seats are removed).

Something has to be done about this, perhaps we can enlist the help of Eleven from Stranger Things to use her mind control.

And before you haters comment and say "That doesn't work, that shit's sticky white rice BLAH BLAH BLAH...your boy P did before and after test trial on the Touge and the C-pillar brace does indeed aid in handling (stiffness in my neck keep your bitch in check).

Wash & Dry:

Tested out my squeegee, works pretty...DECENT. Yes my car is dripping hotsex, no it's not for sale!

No mods planned for the future, waiting on Cusco for my seats. Might hillclimb it, might not.
Oh really, it is definitely {(exactly) x [(more then) likely] y (that it could be)} = possible. that I will enjoy driving my car. I coded a beta version of this page but it wouldn't load-something about a script error?

·
Registered
Bluebird
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
1993-2007, I approve those years.

Great updates!
Thanks man, glad you approve!

I tried to make a members journal that I've found to be informative (I hope others have found it to be informative), in a fashion / style utilizing comedy as the cell nucleotide.

·
Registered
Bluebird
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Still waiting on seats due to worldwide depletion in precious carbon-fiber resource mines. Doing HKS plugs and wires today.

·
Registered
Bluebird
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
Sizzlin' Update:
I took full advantage of the scorchin' hot temps today to do HKS Super Fire Racing plugs and NGK wires (time for some action):

Old NGK plugs were so chonk'd:

This one was fun (no, it wasn't). Requiring the use of a special Irwin brand extractor socket (very bitey) and lots of strength, it eventually came out. To summarize, I don't recommend living in harsh climates such as New England and working on old cars:

Old image of fire extinguisher bracket'd and Marine blow horn compliance for hillclimb events:

Cool story brochures (you wish...):

All in all, an average length day. Test drive proved that I still know how to wrench on first gen Impreza's. Clutch throwout bearing is making noise again/feeling weird when I step on it to shift, so I decided not to use the clutch anymore. Now I just feel for the gears with intuition, seems to be working alright so far. Reverse wasn't difficult, but that's because it's straight cut.

Next up:
-Cusco X Bride seats
-HKS coilovers, alignment, corner balancing (at some point).

Attachments

421 - 440 of 456 Posts