Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wanted to get EJ20G, we have 7 spaces, so a space on each side and it's centered...

DENIED!

Because OG is gang related.... -_-

Damn CA DMV
That's fucking bullshit...in Maine they allowed me to get KMAKAZE (!) which was pretty insane considering how conservative we are up here.

I used the vanity plate thingy our dmv has and V1-1993 isn't taken! I'm psyched to put antique plates on it.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Getting into the front end of the car now, all these waiting to be installed:

Alloy lca's with urethane bushings and comfort alk:

All new outer tie-rods and ball joints that I had on hand from Mooseinabox's partout.

21mm bar w/ solid links:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Did work. Been dreading this install but sucked it up and went out to the freezing cold garage.

First item up on the agenda; weight. OEM Steel lower control arms vs. Alloy's. I've been reading a lot of nonsense, so I decided to settle it:

OEM is about 11 lbs. as the scale is off by a smidge.

This looks like 8 lbs., but it's more like 7.5.

If I tilt the phone, it distorts the number so I tried to capture it straight on for most accuracy. Both of the lower control arms were loaded with bushings and the anti-lift kit was installed on the alloy ones.

At any rate, the JDM alloy ones are around 3.5 lbs. lighter then there OEM steel counterpart. Decent.

Did some things:

Still pretty stoked this thing just bolts on.

One side done, after the other side is complete I head to the alignment rack. :banana:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks for the support dude, I love this car.

I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts on the ALK before and after.
What's up. I had these on my green Impreza that I ghetto-boosted. At the time, I had so many other suspension upgrades done to that thing I couldn't really notice a difference other than on/off throttle acceleration and grip. You could probably make an anti-lift kit with some urethane and washers for a lot less then the $200 I initially spent (it was on sale).

When I finish the right side on Bluebird, I will give you an update on how it feels in a road test with the car. However, I'm betting it'll be more of the same because I'm doing so many suspension upgrades at once. Stay tuned fam.:drunk:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Finished up the front end suspension install, and I have to say (as predicted) I don't notice a huge difference in performance. I'll be off to the alignment shop probably next month.

What I do notice, is how stable it feels at cornering speed. At 55mph it feels like I'm going 35mph. I bet it will be a different story when I get my Advans mounted this summer, as I prefer more nimble/frenetic handling. :bitehard:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Snapped a couple images:

Handling is finally where I am satisfied with it. Had an alignment done at AJW Performance in NH, installed some clear fender markers w/ LED's, and 5k bulbs. I have noticed better on/off throttle response with the installation of the Anti-Lift Kit, post alignment.

Up next for Bluebird will be the V4 bumper to complete the front end, and then I'll be saving up for a V1 WRX Type-RA trans. Maybe another set of Ray's Foundry wheels, but I'm not going to get greedy...:D

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Up here in the frozen great white north, frost heave season is upon us. I took the square root of British American Tobacco, multiplied it by Colin Mcrae and decided to get skidplated:

When you get skidplated, you don't even need to slow down for speed bumps. Being plated' instantly turns any normal Impreza into a rally car, this is a proven indisputable fact and is not fake news. Google it.

21 - 40 of 386 Posts