Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

361 - 380 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Yes, the dash only came on the 1993 model. 1994+ have air bags in the USDM market

I feel like I need to re-read that story of the Seven Sisters while on peyote or something...
Yeah, you'd had to be on something to read that :D

:sleep:

·
Registered
1998 GF8, 2003 BH9
156 Posts
Yes, the dash only came on the 1993 model. 1994+ have air bags in the USDM market
That's so weird as the AUDM market never got airbags in the pre-facelift interior and I think it was the same with the JDM cars too. Sadly RHD for you guys though.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Ultra Violet Touge Style: (in progress)

Weight Reduction:
Removed AC + associated components:

Removed misc. metal + useless components, looped some lines:

Removed front bumper including Kouki foglamps:

Not pictured: JDM rear beam, removed most of interior.

Intake Upgrade:

Utilized scrap metal to direct airflow:

Drank some Mountain Ale, Duplicolor wheel paint was used on scrap metal:

After a hot lap of testing (@ 40ish degree outdoor temps) the radiator/valve cover side of the metal was warm whilst the intake side was cold-Proving to me this was a worthwhile upgrade (HKS intake cone was also cold).

Glamour Shots:

Ready for more Aegean Blue Metallic paint:

🤔

Up Next: Touge/Rally door cards, HKS exhaust, HKS coilovers, Bride single fixed back seat, Prodrive/AGX spring street setup completed, More (well all) lightweightedness...streets closed pizza boy, find another way home.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
873 Posts
Good stuff, keep it up.

Careful with the tips on the hood.
Seen where someone used little 1x4 and drilled holes in it. Then, used the hood mounting bolts through it to set it on. (Hope that makes sense). Thought it was a good idea.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Really fun post to read through with some good information too. Look forward to future updates :)
Thank you, it was fun to wrench today-stay tuned for more.

Delete the passenger mirror. :D
Maybe. But I like both of them.

Good stuff, keep it up.

Careful with the tips on the hood.
Seen where someone used little 1x4 and drilled holes in it. Then, used the hood mounting bolts through it to set it on. (Hope that makes sense). Thought it was a good idea.
It's funny how people default it that way, IDK why?

I lay it on the side if not flat when able too.
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about-I utilized the spot on the pass. side strut tower to use the hood prop for the hood to showcase the engine bay bling.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,173 Posts
Saw your post in the other thread but honestly, most of us have left. I pulled down my build before they took over because they now own all your information.

They took over many other forums and it's all the same bullshit. Read the thread I started warning people in my signature.

Probably moving to NASIOC, we have a discord chat too since this place cannot have a chat box (no way to make ad revenue)

Also, you cannot edit your posts after 24 hours (because they own you)

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
The hood at the front porch. Setting against the house. The tips touching the ground bend very eazy.
Ah yeah. I've always positioned hoods that way, never had an issue with them bending.

Saw your post in the other thread but honestly, most of us have left. I pulled down my build before they took over because they now own all your information.

They took over many other forums and it's all the same bullshit. Read the thread I started warning people in my signature.

Probably moving to NASIOC, we have a discord chat too since this place cannot have a chat box (no way to make ad revenue)

Also, you cannot edit your posts after 24 hours (because they own you)
When Skynet becomes self aware, then we will know that the machines will have won. We can't allow this to happen. Follow my build thread if you want to live.

361 - 380 of 386 Posts