·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Refurbished Rays Gram Lights 57c:

Many decals for OEM style spec...

Krylon Rose Gold w/ Duplicolor clear, did notecard method:

Color is a little darker then I wanted, but it contrasts the blue nicely and it shines in the sun:

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Thanks guys. It was supposed to be rose gold, but I don’t mind it. I’m betting the bronze will fade with time.

·
Registered
1998 2.5RS Coupe
14 Posts
Awesome job on the wheels. I'm going to do the same to my SSR Type-C's some day. Did you clear coat over the stickers or put them on after?

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
But see he puts those wheels back on and I'm friends with him again haha
PSSSH you're tripping there was no issue!

Awesome job on the wheels. I'm going to do the same to my SSR Type-C's some day. Did you clear coat over the stickers or put them on after?
Thanks J Mosh, I spent a lot of time on them so I appreciate the compliment. I did the clear on the paint, put the decals over everything.

I've seen peeps re-furb those SSR's in the past and I think they'll look good if the car isn't too shouty. I think this style 'works' on my whip, is that the car is subtle/understated. Don't get me wrong though, I do LOVE ground effects styling, wings, huge fogs, sport bumpers, widebody, etc. just doing a different theme for this one.

·
Registered
1998 2.5RS Coupe
14 Posts
I've seen peeps re-furb those SSR's in the past and I think they'll look good if the car isn't too shouty. I think this style 'works' on my whip, is that the car is subtle/understated. Don't get me wrong though, I do LOVE ground effects styling, wings, huge fogs, sport bumpers, widebody, etc. just doing a different theme for this one.

I hear you on that. I'm definitely more of an OEM/subtle guy when it comes to style. I've always liked the GC8 design as a factory car so I plan to leave it pretty close to that. I also want to keep my SSR's in the original grey with the polished lip. Love the car man keep it up!

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
Added some lightweightness (Braille 7 lb'er):

(Yes I'm aware that tiedown looks ridiculous, but if I have to swap back to a fullsize battery that can still be accomplished with relative ease.)

And some high amperage alternatorness (Powermax 150):

Bling bling...

I am also sourcing the remaining parts for the jdm 2 pot rear brake upgrade, still need knuckles, rotors, lines and pads.

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Grab the last 3 new. Boom.

$$
Just got some Project Mu pads, checking out vented rotors and ss lines. Trying to find rust free disc brake hubs.

looks good!
Thanks Georgey!

I forgot to mention I have the adapter bracket for the 2 pot rears, so if anyone has any rear disc brake hubs, preferably with fresh wheel bearings PM me!

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Work consumes our lives, then we die.

Been busy with work, ordered some Project Mu pads for my rear braking setup in the meantime. Slowly accumulating parts...

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Ultra Mega Super Extra Update Version VII Type-RP:

Actually...not too much. Just doing some fuselage box covers, decals, and stockpiling parts that I need to install:

I like bad bishes that's my problem problem:

Now, as soon as I have some free time I will put these things...

...on this thing:

: Dopamine :

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Those wheels are gonna be fresh as hell! Will the calipers match the flaps?
Thanks Alex!

Yes I plan to refresh the calipers, I’ll be rocking dual pot rears and single oem fronts. Something like 80% of a vehicles braking is done through the front calipers, so the goal of this experiment is to flatten the brake bias as much as possible. All new rear rotors, hubs, pads, ss lines, wb’s coming soon...

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Bad ass toys!!
Thanks! I'm interested to see if those Cusco rear undercarriage braces provide any noticeable difference in handling (coupled with all the other suspension work I've done). More bling if nothing else :lol:

181 - 200 of 386 Posts