Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo i want to mount up some guages in my car... what options do we (93-97 imprezas) have as far as mounting them on the dash???? any one... pics. are helpfull too!

·
Registered
723 Posts
are those Defis? I'm trying to figure out how to setup the exact same gauges in my car...

I may buy the GD triple pod and cut a hole in my dash for it to go into.

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Skatermxracer said:
Soo i want to mount up some guages in my car... what options do we (93-97 imprezas) have as far as mounting them on the dash???? any one... pics. are helpfull too!
Your best bet will be individual mounting cups for the gauges. They'll offer the most options for mounting location, direction and angle. This is evident in the photo posted by jonGF8.

Or, if you are handy with plywood, fiber and resin, you could probably mold your own piece to be placed in the dash.

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peabodynobody said:
No he is right 93-97 is the same.

yea i was gunna say... i have a 97 and last time i checked it had the same dash as my 96 and 93 had lol but yea... the individual ones are ook... what i really like is how you can get the three gauge pod pack that fits the 98-01 dash.. and would like that for mine.. but i cant have it lol

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
joejoe69 said:
you mean 93-96. 97-01 has a different dash setup.

here check my thread...

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63781

joe

how exactly did you go about mounting those ones there... i was thinking about it.. only downfall is they are down low and not convient to look at when your banging through the gears or under boost... (which was kinda why i bought the boost gauge)

·
Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,861 Posts
Skatermxracer said:
how exactly did you go about mounting those ones there... i was thinking about it.. only downfall is they are down low and not convient to look at when your banging through the gears or under boost... (which was kinda why i bought the boost gauge)

those that are mounted there are fluid gauges (oil press, oil temp, water temp). my air gauges (boost, egt,...and air/fuel) will be on my a-pillar and gauge cluster. i'll only look down at the fluid gauges when something goes wrong related to those gauges. but putting the '98-01' dash cowl on our dash' is something out of the ordinary and also not very easy.

joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts