Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 RS WRB/SOLD
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just throwing this out here but is it possible to place a 6 cyl into a GC*. I was looking at doing a diffrent kind of swap and a Dual turbo was the way I was going towards then tought would a 6cyl fit into a 99 GC8. The 6cyl are way more bullet proff than the turbo motors and there is not much of a wieght diffrence but is it possible?

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
its been done before
yup, eg33 outta the SVX

Now the newer H6 3.0L from the newer Outbacks is another question, I don't think anyone has swapped one of those yet. well I haven't heard of such a swap...doesn't mean it hasn't been done

·
Registered
Black '01 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
387 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
its been done, but now isnt the real question, WHICH 6 cyl. would fit? because the 2000-2004 Leggy H6's were designed for both automatic/manual transmissions, but the SVX and the newer 3.5/3.6's in the Tribeca are only designed for automatic right?

Perrins Piggy is siic... like 550whp with a Leggy GT turbo setup i think

·
Registered
RBP 1998 2.5RS sold
1,036 Posts
its been done, but now isnt the real question, WHICH 6 cyl. would fit? because the 2000-2004 Leggy H6's were designed for both automatic/manual transmissions, but the SVX and the newer 3.5/3.6's in the Tribeca are only designed for automatic right?

Perrins Piggy is siic... like 550whp with a Leggy GT turbo setup i think
alot of svx owners swap out for 5 speed trannys

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
after doing much research, the eg33 is wayyy better than the outback EZ30.

I will be doing a diy how to thread on installing the eg33 soon.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
is it just a matter of replacing the flexplate with a flywheel? seems like it would be more involved....
driveshaft, tranny, clutch,starter,flywheel, speed sensor, cv axle style, different crossmembers for the tranny. different pitch mount too it appears.

·
Registered
98 RBP Coupe, '94 White Wagon
257 Posts
after doing much research, the eg33 is wayyy better than the outback EZ30.

I will be doing a diy how to thread on installing the eg33 soon.
Any clear cut easily explainable reasons?

And do both motors bolt right up to our transmission?

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
EZ has AVCS, EG is a hell of alot easier to get working properly.
X2....from my research if you are going turbo eg33 is a much better route....seems like people are having problems gettijng the ez30 boosted

·
Registered
92 Crown Vic
629 Posts
and don't forget about the radiator move and wiring. that a big thing to do too. i been doing research too. i just don't have the money for the swap yet.

james

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
and don't forget about the radiator move and wiring. that a big thing to do too. i been doing research too. i just don't have the money for the swap yet.

james
i has the money...just not the time....

hmmmm

·
Registered
92 Crown Vic
629 Posts
hmmm I got the time, kinda but not the money. and no i can't do it for anyone else. well at least not till i do my own.

james

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
Well we haven't seen a stock ecu power h6 in an impreza, all of them have been operated by a stand alone. We gave a good try at wiring a stock ecu into one but I believe the immobilizer got in the way of it, the dealer could not help. Don't quote me on this though, Paul would be the man to ask.

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
Score me an EE job in BC in 3 years and I'll happily do the swap for you ;) Gotta finish my current degree before I go for that though. Already have a year of Eng done.
i can get you a job where i work no problems.....and i get a nice 4000$ check for referring you.....mmmmm 4000$....

its buildings engineering.....not that glamorous or exciting..but i think i like it so far :)

where u going to school?\

wooowww i'm way OT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts