Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:curse:
My trans grinds when I wind out 4th gear and then swith to 5th.
(2000 2.5rs) As far as I know this is new. It just started happenning last week. It seem if I put it in gear, but a little to the left, it doesn't grind. Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks for any help.
--Justin

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing. I am imagining it's the syncros. I am taking my to the dealer and saying warranty this you punks.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I've heard of problems with the nut on 5th coming loose, might be that. I haven't noticed any problems on my 00 yet, but I'm still a little nervous about it.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
That is a tranny problem some Subaru owners have. SOA will try to deny it and blame it on the owner's driving habits, but it is a weak link in the tranny. Best thing to do, take it to the dealer and get them (or yourself) to replicate the problem. The owners who got their trannys repaired under warranty saw the bill to be around $1000. I should check if my car has that grinding. :eek: I'm getting closer and closer to the 60000 mile mark.

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
FWIW My car has 47K miles and it started doing this after I put in Redline 70-90NS, I switched it out for redline superlight shockproof yesterday and now the grind is gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts