Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
'04 Impreza 2.5 RS
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was in a tobacco shop the other day and bought a pack of 555's. Pretty good! Damn expensive imported stuff, but they had a good flavor. Any of the other smokers out there ever tried them?

·
Registered
Subarus
342 Posts
Old people smoke alot of those here. I don't smoke cigarettes but I do like the smell of some. 555 in particular though I really don't like the smell of.

·
Premium Member
'04 Impreza 2.5 RS
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
danman0385 said:
I have never seen them, wondered if the even sold them in the states.
I've only seen them once...you can only really find them in cigar and pipe tobacco shops with all of the other import cigarettes.

·
OG GC
MY00 BRP RS...still adding to
4,472 Posts
Ha! Wish I'd known before I quit. Sometimes I wish I could have a cigarette after a meal. Hell, even after a beer. Then I realize that after two and a half years of non-smoking, I would probably die!
BTW, do these have a smooth rich taste like a Camel, or is it like an everyday smoke, like Marlboro Lights? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
'04 Impreza 2.5 RS
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MyBluFlameRS said:
Ha! Wish I'd known before I quit. Sometimes I wish I could have a cigarette after a meal. Hell, even after a beer. Then I realize that after two and a half years of non-smoking, I would probably die!
BTW, do these have a smooth rich taste like a Camel, or is it like an everyday smoke, like Marlboro Lights? Just curious.
I got the full flavors, and there's definitely substance to it. It's not particularly harsh, but it's certainly not mild. Nowhere even close to a Marlboro light. They're more along the lines of a camel turkish gold or royal as far as the smoothness and flavor go.

·
Premium Member
'04 Impreza 2.5 RS
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Royals and golds are really strong, not going to deny that. It's either turkish silver or camel wide for me right now. The punch of the 555's for me isn't quite up there with the turkish royal, but it's got that smoothness and flavor to it that light cigarettes and the other popular makes just don't have.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Man I hate smoking, but nothing against smokers. I'm trying to get my mom to quit.

On-topic: I've never seen these in person, actually the only place I have seen them is on this site talking about the 555 Impreza.

·
Registered
319 Posts
turkish golds and crap like that are not harsh at all. I smoke Marlboro Reds and have for about 9 years. Im wanting to quit now. But Golds and all those pussy blends are far from harsh.

Camel makes a good cig though. I will only buy reds

·
Premium Member
97, BMW, 328i / 05 LGT
1,505 Posts
I smoked 555's for a while because they where cheaper than any other cig that I'd smoke... They where only like $4.95/pack

1 - 20 of 26 Posts