Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I got my new plates for my new car and I pull it out of the wrapper to see what it is, I get halfway and I see 555...I'm like what the hell?? Nice! I paused and imagined what the rest is going to be... 555 STI, 555 WRX, 555 FTW, 555 OMG (j/k). I'm glad it was none of those though, because it is neither an sti or wrx, and it would look like I was trying to be one. So I pulled it the rest of the way...555 CXW. What? I can't make anything of that! It means nothing. CXW? I'm pretty clever with crap like that, but the "X" is throwing me off for the un-acronym-ness-fullness-age.

What could CXW stand for?

Also, what the hell does the 555 mean? Obviously it was a number on the earlier impreza rally cars, but after many searches, I've found many references to the number, but no description of what it means or symbolizes. My only guess is that it might mean something about the 5 companies that made subaru (and made the subaru emblem with the 5 stars of the constellation...you know what I'm talking about...) but I can't figure out why there's only three. Maybe three is the max number of numbers to use for their number, so they just took the symbolic "5" and made their number all 5's? That's a huge guess as a result of no luck at many searches on various sites.

Either way, I'm happy with my plates, it's cool to have accidentally picked up a hint of subaru history to add to my cars character (as if the big-ass dents didn't give it enough character...).

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
555 is the British cigarette company that sponsored the WRC cars. As far as CXW, I haven't a clue.

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Google says CXW stands for "CROSS EXAMINATION WORK."

Well, that will work for now.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,221 Posts
It's the stock exchange symbol for Corrections Corp. of America.

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, so I have references to cigarette makers and prison makers on my license plate? I guess they always do kinda go hand in hand. good one!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts